PDA

View Full Version : alternative to klasse sg?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bender
12-23-2004, 01:05 PM
I think sg is a bit too temperamental for my tastes. Before using sg i claybar and then use AIO. I apply sg using a pc but it is still hard to remove and sometimes leaves a cloudy finish on the paint :nixweiss . Since i need to put in an order for some more detailing supplies soon anyway can someone recommend an alternative to sg? thanks :up

imported_The Uncle
12-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Four Star UPP would be a good option.

But, two other comments:

1) Do a search for the BillNorth WOWO method for applying SG. It couldn`t be easier, and gives great results.

2) I am a newbie with the PC, but I do prefer by hand application of SG. I tried to apply by machine, but used more product and could not get it thin enough.

NavindraLR
12-23-2004, 01:19 PM
an alternative to klasse with the same amount of durablility would be menzerna fmj. it is quite costly though... other sealants which are a ton easier to use that i can recommend are:

any poorboys sealant... really easy to use, and don`t cost much

wolfgang sealant

upp.. (have not used but heard good things)

JaredPointer
12-23-2004, 01:20 PM
UPP is a good alternative and AIO makes a pretty good base for it.

thom
12-23-2004, 01:20 PM
well you could try der shinney stuff .goes on esy comes off easy no streaking or klasse haze.

holland_patrick
12-23-2004, 02:29 PM
I wouldn`t put it on with the PC i`m not too much on waiting hours to wipe so i use the WOWO method..

imported_Burlyq
12-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Zaino. It finished first in guru test with an A- grade and your sg on top of AIO finished with a B grade. I`d try something like this first, then maybe others second. It`s my personal favorite and I`m constantly testing products because it`s a hobby and an occupation. I spend x amount of dollars in researching new products for my little biz. I have found many very good products, but nothing that tops Zaino. I do high end details mainly and cater to new expensive luxury cars. Zaino works very well with AIO too. If you want the best durabilty I`d wash after AIO, but sometimes I just top AIO with Zaino with good results. Depends if you want to maximize your durabilty. I like klasse too especially AIO, but I always run into some problems with Sg removal too even with WOWO. It does leave a nice finish when done, but it`s a much finikier product than Zaino/ZFX. They have also upgraged their Z2 and I`ve heard nothing but good things about it. Unfortunatly I have the old stuff but everyone says the new stuff is even better.

imported_FordTaurus
12-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Could part of your problem with klasse could be that you are applying the SG with a PC? As a general rule, I don`t apply a sealant by machine. I can get more even coverge, ensure complete coverage, and be more careful about thin coats when applying by hand. Are you using a quality MF to remove the klasse? You may be applying the klasse in too thick a coat. I know that SG can haze up after the fact anyways, but it`s worth a consideration.

Blackfire is my current favorite. Couldn`t be easier to apply, and when removed with good MF it comes right off. It looks incredible on just about any color, and flat out amazing on some. It is called Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection. It is a great sealant and I have gotten very good durability from it up here in NH during all of the seasons, uncluding the harsh winters. As far as I know, the only place to order it online is at CMA at www.properautocare.com. Definitely worth giving a try. You won`t be dissapointed.

-FordTaurus

Edited to add first paragraph on12/23

imported_Burlyq
12-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Backfire is a good product but didn`t make the top ten in guru test. This is something I`d surely try many peps like it, but this is one of those products I`d try second. Very easy to apply and take off, and looks very good! But durabilty isn`t close to Z. doesn`t it sheet intead of bead after the first wash? I prefer those good beading products.

imported_Aurora40
12-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by bender

I think sg is a bit too temperamental for my tastes. Before using sg i claybar and then use AIO. I apply sg using a pc but it is still hard to remove and sometimes leaves a cloudy finish on the paint :nixweiss . Since i need to put in an order for some more detailing supplies soon anyway can someone recommend an alternative to sg? thanks :up

I`ve found AutoGlym to be pretty similar to Klasse in the looks/feel department, but it seems to be a lot more forgiving to apply. :)

imported_The Uncle
12-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Burlyq

Backfire is a good product but didn`t make the top ten in guru test. This is something I`d surely try many peps like it, but this is one of those products I`d try second. Very easy to apply and take off, and looks very good! But durabilty isn`t close to Z. doesn`t it sheet intead of bead after the first wash? I prefer those good beading products.

Just out of curiosity: What makes GURU TESTS such an authority? I`m frankly more convinced by what I read here than GURU TESTS. The reports we see on this site are with the products properly applied, and used under real world conditions. I`m just not sure we are going to see that in kind of data in GURU TESTs, no matter how objective they may be.

jonw440
12-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Aurora40

I`ve found AutoGlym to be pretty similar to Klasse in the looks/feel department, but it seems to be a lot more forgiving to apply. :)

Aurora, You beat me to it!!

Have you tried layering the EGP?

I LOVE Autoglym twins!!

:xyxthumbs

I apply Both Klasse AIO and Autoglym Super resin polish with the Blue Sonus Pad.

Then I apply either the SG or EGP with the MF bonnet. It applies so much easier than by hand. I have had NO problems removing any of these products when applied by the PC.

Lowejackson
12-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Another vote for Autoglym.

You can apply the Extra Gloss directly on to Resin with buffing. The Gloss can also be put in a spray bottle, which uses much less product than applying to a pad.

Scottwax
12-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax. It may not be a sealant but it is very durable and looks great over AIO. Noticably wetter looking than SG.

If you want a sealant, any of the Poorboys are fine, along with UPP or Wolfgang.

bender
12-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Wow, i wasn`t expecting this many responses. I guess that first i`ll just try applying it by hand instead of machine. If that doesn`t fit the problem i`ll give these other products a try. What is UPP spelled out? Who makes it?