PDA

View Full Version : foam gun and dilutions

Michaelelts
12-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I just got a foam gun off of ebay it is a little different from the one Bill D and accumulator have in that it is a fixed ratio 4oz to 1 gallon dilution. It is great especialy since it had snowed here in VA and I need to clean off the cars of salt spray. I am playing around with the diltution and getting a more very soapy spray rather then foam. In part it may be because I am using Maguirs Crystal rather then NXT( can`t find it localy) I have some EO that I will try as soon as I use up the crystal. Do you guys use the soap straight in the resevoir or mix 4oz to the resevoir and fill with water? I am trying to get foam instead of the soapy water. I love it even as it is, it still makes washing much easier and faster.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/eb/34/04_1_b.JPG

Accumulator
12-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Other than the fixed mix that looks like mine. I just mix up the shampoo/water in a gallon jug (I do it very crudely by eye :o ) and fill the gun with that. Play around with mixtures until you get what you want- if you don`t like it, dump it back in the jug and adjust; try again; repeat until happy. Then write the correct mix on the just with a Sharpie or something.

Michaelelts
12-25-2004, 01:49 PM
it is a great gadget which mixture on your gun do you shoot at?

Bill D
12-25-2004, 03:16 PM
I went back to mixing full concentration. I use the second highest dilution level on the brass bar

Michaelelts
12-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I went back to mixing full concentration. I use the second highest dilution level on the brass bar

which is? and also what do you mean by mixing full concentration. I am not sure it would get picked up by the suction at full conc soaps seem sort of thick for that

Bill D
12-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Yes, I add the car wash straight from the bottle with no problems at all.

Here are the ratios for the Gilmour brand shower foam gun:

1-128---1oz/gal

1-64---2oz/gal

1-32--4

1-20--6

1-10--12