PDA

View Full Version : APC? the best interior cleaner?

00GREENMACHINE
11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
I normally use something like tuff stuff or some other spray on my personal cars just because I can rubn out and get it at autozone. I have seen where almost all the professional detailers here use APC.

Is it that good? Where is the best place to buy it and where is it the cheapest? Both of my cars have the orginal floor mats with huge plastic mats over top of them so it does not get that dirty, but my honda mats are encased with red mud staines.

wifehatescar
11-10-2004, 09:32 PM
APC+ works well for me, especially for the price at a 10:1 dilution. There maybe be better but I have not been driven to search for alternatives.

CharlesW
11-10-2004, 10:38 PM
The Meguiar`s APC+ has been discontinued. From the description in Meg`s literature, it appears that it has been replace by D-101 All Purpose Cleaner. The APC+ is one of my favorite products and I hope the replacement will work as good at so many things. My vehicles are not usually terribly dirty so a mix of 12:1 water to APC+ gets used for most of my cleaning. Wheel wells, tires, vinyl, carpet, carpet mats, you name it.

Charles

00GREENMACHINE
11-10-2004, 10:56 PM
i wonder why they discont. it? ANyone want to sell me a gallon.

CharlesW
11-10-2004, 11:16 PM
i wonder why they discont. it? ANyone want to sell me a gallon.
Meguiar`s changed several products recently. One reason that has been mentioned is some new regulations in California regarding chemicals. :dunno

I think there is still some around in distributors inventory.

Charles

Bill D
11-10-2004, 11:24 PM
I think the best way to go is having several carpet/interior/apc products at your disposal. Some tackle certain situations better than others but I would say the "best interior cleaner of all" would be one of those good APCs, as mentioned above, combined with an extractor. They are big bucks though, so often just not practical for an enthusiast. Sometimes those smaller Bissle machines can do quite a satisfactory job.