PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Products...

grahamb
12-22-2004, 07:16 PM
I leave my products in the trunk of the car. In the recent cold spell on the east, some of my products froze. They were probably frozen for 24 hours before I brought them in.

I only confirmed that my Lexol and a spray bottle of QEW/water froze. But I assume that my QD and maybe even my NXT froze. (It was about 12 degrees over night.)

Once they thaw are these products still useable?

BTW - I`ve gotten a lot of great tips from this board, but this is my first post!

THANKS!!!

holland_patrick
12-22-2004, 07:42 PM
well I did the same thing and I`m thoughing a bunch of stuuf out..I`m guessing it will all be ok..

Think how cold it gets in an air liner..in the trailer turck and stuff like that..

White95Max
12-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I am always very careful about freezing detailing products. I think there would be some type of reaction with the product upon freezing.

I know the Gummipflege bottle says "keep away from frost" so obviously the manufacturer doesn`t advise allowing the product to freeze.

kartoon
12-22-2004, 07:59 PM
I recently opened a QEW bottle which I keep in my garage (temp is about 40 F at night, never below freezing). When ripped the seal, I`ve heard a very loud pop, almost like the bottle exploded. I`m not sure if this is normal for QEW or if this was caused by temperature but it was so loud that I almost dropped the bottle.

holland_patrick
12-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Ya i know but I can`t help thinking about those people who get the UPS del early in the moring and there stuff is out in freeing weather for most of the day I`m guessing it`s not a great idea to keep freezing and thawing but if it happened once or twice i think it would be ok.. I guess what i`m saying is i need to do more cars to replace the frozen stuff..