PDA

View Full Version : Dad sent me a link to these MF`s...

MongooseGA
12-22-2004, 02:27 PM
My dad was checking out the Tornado (fuel saver thing) website and he must have come across this. He e-mailed me the link. Anyone know if these are similar to the ones Autopia is familiar with? I think AutoGeek sell "The Miracle Towel", don`t they?

http://www.tornado-fuelsaver.tv/category.asp?CAT=MICR&TRAIL=MAIN%2C&UPSCAT

Bill D
12-22-2004, 02:41 PM
I`ve seen several investigative report segments on TV concluding the Tornado really doesn`t much if anything to save fuel. Might not beworth the hassle installing.

Woob
12-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Split Fibers? I think I read those aren`t superior at all to some of the great microfibers you can find at certain vendors. :rolleyes: Autogeek sells the Miracle Towel. They sell the Miracle Cloth :D

MongooseGA
12-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I`ve seen several investigative report segments on TV concluding the Tornado really doesn`t much if anything to save fuel. Might not beworth the hassle installing.

My dad was actually looking for a way to return. It made our mileage worse! (And no, it wasn`t in backwards... ;) )

Bill D
12-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah, one of those do more harm than good gadgets :rolleyes:

JasonD
12-22-2004, 03:41 PM
To be honest, I don`t see how it would do anything at all in regards to either a positive or negative effect. I see it as a hunk of metal just getting in the way, and obstructing flow. What most people don`t realize is that power and efficiency isn`t produced by direction of airflow but by volume and velocity. Yes, you want the most air to enter the engine but not at the cost of losing velocity. This Tornado gadget seems like it would just screw up the whole works.

My personal favorite are the electric *superchargers*. This makes me laugh every time.

racepenut
12-22-2004, 03:48 PM
JDookie, i am yet again impressed with your knowlege of everything. Yes, the tornado is absolutly worthless to a fuel injection engine, and carb engine. It will actually act as a restrictor. Once the intake valve/s close the air wont be spinning anyways!! I guess they took the idea of a carb spacer and tried to sell it as a similar thing? Same thing with throtle body spacers. LOL what a joke those are, complete waste of money and people say all the time that they can FEEL a difference. Nobody is gonna be able to feel the difference between 5 hp anyways, a dyno can barely do that. Tornado, tb spacer etc, dont waste your money guys.

HotRodGuy
12-22-2004, 05:02 PM
dookie took the words out of my mouth. I had started typing then read his post

imported_Burlyq
12-22-2004, 08:54 PM
I wonder if the tornado would work on old carborater motors better than the newer fuel injected ones.

Eliot Ness
12-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Burlyq

I wonder if the tornado would work on old carborater motors better than the newer fuel injected ones.

That reminds me of the old "spark gaps" they used to hawk at the state fairs.

I think I`ll stick with a K & N air filter.

T. Perinne
12-23-2004, 07:19 AM
Put the Tornado right up there with this one...

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/4725/leaf_charger.jpg