PDA

View Full Version : Car has been sitting for a while, what to do?

Fury
12-21-2004, 06:17 PM
I got a red 92 stealth es. It`s been sitting for about 5 months without having a nice wax and quick detail other than the rain :p Anyways i should be able to get her back in a few weeks (doing some stuff on engine) and i wish to know what should i do to treat her like a queen like i once did. I need to know what i can get, any products from pep boys or discount auto or any other local store. I have an orbital buffer but it won`t do what i say sometimes :eek: So im asking for help, plz let me know what i need to do to restore my paint and make it a mirror finish!

Marc

Fury
12-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Anybody?

az57chevy
12-21-2004, 07:38 PM
I would do a heavy steam clean on the underside and clay to get back to a good start. After that I favor the Zaino brands but you need to first examine the finish after the clay and see if you have any oxidation, water spots or such before you add the polish and wax.

Ed Hartman
12-21-2004, 07:45 PM
If you have a cheap $19.95 Wen buffer donate it to the butler and buy a Porter Cable (if you want the queen to look nice). Nothing at Pep Boys thrills me so I would order some Klasse AIO and start there. Then inspect the queen after that for any defects she might have, and go from there.

Fury
12-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Well she doesn`t have any oxidation and never has, just alot of dust and particles of that sort. I want to get a porter cable, maybe when i get her back i`ll purchase them. Can they be purchased locally or has to be from the net?

Accumulator
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Fury- The PC can be purchased at numerous places that sell powertools. Check with Lowes, for instance.

I`d give it a good wash and then clay it. Use some kind of paint cleaner or light polish before waxing/sealing it.

Accumulator
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Fury- The PC can be purchased at numerous places that sell powertools. Check with Lowes, for instance.

I`d give it a good wash and then clay it. Use some kind of paint cleaner or light polish before waxing/sealing it.