PDA

View Full Version : mixing qew in a spray bottle?

III
11-10-2004, 05:04 PM
How many of you mix qew in a spray bottle with water? What would be the difference in this method compared to using s&w?

Bill D
11-10-2004, 05:08 PM
I tired it, works a little better than water, everything I hear indicates S&W is best in a spray bottle.

joshcaro
11-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Ok so call me stupid. Ive read every possible thread about QEW (and everything else for that matter) and im still confused as to the true benefit of QEW as opposed to regular wash method.

With QEW you still need water correct, but you just dont have to rinse off the vehicle? To me thats not much better. Rinsing off the vehicle is not what gets me cold during the winter months. Is it that this method is quicker than regular wash?

To me it would seem that if you use S&W and do it every 3 days or so you wouldnt need QEW therefore preventing the use of ANY water.

Please correct me if im wrong in my judgements.

Woob
11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
QEW is better for heavier dirt. You just wipe and dry after. No hose at all. Yeah you use a bucket with water, but you can grab warm water and do it anywhere, the best being your garage. No Hose is the best part... and drying. Gotta try it out sometime

joshcaro
11-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Well when I wash in the winter I use warm water in my bucket anyways.

Also this is why I said use S&W every 3 days or so, so that the dirt never gets the chance to truly build up too bad.

Im just contemplating on whether to use S&W or QEW this winter. Im heavily leading to S&W because my car very rarely gets caked in mud/dirt.

Mr. Clean
11-10-2004, 07:05 PM
joshcaro, JMO but I think for ease of use the S&W option if used often is the better option if comparing only S&W and QEW. That is since you said your vehicle doesn`t get that dirty. I still use the 2 bucket method when washing with QEW, and I prefer to rinse the vehicle off first with a hose.

Nothing however beats a good ol` traditional bucket wash. Of course, I live in Texas and we don`t have the harsh Winters that the folks north of us suffer.

And just to stay on topic, III I have mixed my QEW in a spray bottle and used while doing a QEW 2 bucket wash, just for added insurance against possible marring.

Big Leegr
11-11-2004, 11:02 AM
With QEW you still need water correct, but you just dont have to rinse off the vehicle? To me thats not much better. Rinsing off the vehicle is not what gets me cold during the winter months. Is it that this method is quicker than regular wash?
Please correct me if im wrong in my judgements.

The biggest benefit from not having to rinse with QEW is for those without access to a hose (apartment dwellers, campers at a campsite, areas with water restrictions, etc.).

I have used QEW in a bottle for cleaning of my GF`s car after it was used for target practice by a flock of migrating birds. (I keep telling her-"Don`t feed the birds!" She just says-"but they might starve otherwise. And you like cleaning the car, right?") I mixed it rich as extra caution, and it seemed to work ok. I also let it dwell a bit to loosen things up. I would say that QEW in a bottle (rich) might make for a quick fix fluid, but I have more confidence in S+W (or BSR, now that I have a couple bottles). I wouldn`t "wash" my car like this. Using it as a pre-soak for a QEW bath is a good idea too.