PDA

View Full Version : what to apply klasse sg with? pc or hand?

andrew300
12-19-2004, 06:07 PM
havent got around to using my ksg yet but i am planning on putting a couple of coats on my new jb m3. im going to put a layer of aio on before it so it can bond. what way gives you the best results? by pc (finishing pad) or by hand? if by hand what type of applicator? microfiber or foam or terry? again for best results do you guys use the wowo method or do you let it set and the buff off? if you let it sit, how long? will probably do about 3 coats and touch it up with glanz and then apply souveran and touch that up with spritz here and there. willl probably apply a coat of souveran every month and redo everything every 6-12 months.

andrew300
12-19-2004, 06:08 PM
also off topic but are bmw m3 19inch wheels clear coated meaning they are safe to clay?

Krautfed 03
12-19-2004, 06:18 PM
I like to apply the SG by hand with a microfiber applicator and then remove with the PC and the microfiber bonnet. This seems to work good on my Dolphin Gray A4. :xyxthumbs

ntoddalbert
12-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Yea the BMW OEM rims are cleared, clay away. Klasse on rims is a great thing

andrew300
12-20-2004, 01:44 AM
anyone know the prefered way for best results on how to apply ksg?

6cyl's_of_fury
12-20-2004, 03:27 AM
I prefer to apply AIO by polishing pad and SG by hand with a foam applicator - I found the MF applicator to soak up to much product personally.

Using the PC and polishing pad for the AIO gives the best base for just about anything IMO and the very slieght polishing effect from the AIO with the PC + polishing pad is really good. Just takes AIO to the next level compared to hand application.....

Accumulator
12-20-2004, 08:45 AM
While I always do the AIO by PC, and much as I prefer to do everything I can by machine, I apply SG by hand. I find it much easier to get the extra-thin application I want. No matter how I did it, by PC I always put on more product than I needed.

I hold the foam applicator over the top of the bottle and shake it to deposit a little SG on the applicator. Move applicator and repeat, rub applicator together to distribute SG. Repeat until there`s a little SG evenly distributed on the applicator. Apply it to the car so thin you can`t see it (go by feel).

AaronRV
12-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

Yea the BMW OEM rims are cleared, clay away. Klasse on rims is a great thing

damn right! x2 coats looks even better

eclipsegt05
12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
you can try UPP on top of AIO on your rims. I have 5 layers of 4* UPP on my wheels and they don`t collect as much brake dust as compared to before prepping. Super slick!!

audipower
01-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I apply the SG with the PC, but use a MF Bonnet. Doesn`t apply so heavy so it`s easy to get off. I remove it with a Concours MF Bonnet. It works great.

Something I learned years ago is applying the SG and let sit for 24 hrs, let it cure. You will get complete bonding to the paint. Make sure to wait 24 hrs between applications like all other waxz and sealentz. Don`t use anything with cleaners in it after applying SG.

imported_DetailGirl
01-01-2005, 05:41 PM
IMO SG is one of those products that I prefer to apply by hand. Just easier. UPP is one that I hate applying by hand that the PC makes it soooooo easy.