PDA

View Full Version : The $60 MF Towel Rack and New Stainless Workbench

Pages : [1] 2

SilverLexus
12-18-2004, 07:09 PM
I could not resist getting a really nice satin nickel towel rack from The Home Depot Expo for my garage.

Here are some pics of my products and the towel rack. It has two rods I will get a better pic tomorrow in daylight.

Here`s the rack on the right side of the garage:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/15597dscf0023opt.jpg

An out of focus photo of the workbench and my ever-present sweet tea and cell phone on the left side of the garage:

Look at all my AutoGeek winnings. :)

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/15597dscf0024opt.jpg

Am I crazy for wanting a decent rack for drying my waffle weaves?

I`m really enjoying it so far. I will get a close up of it tomorrow without towels...it`s very modern and matches the workbench I got from Sam`s Club.

klnyc
12-18-2004, 07:12 PM
How much is the rack cost? I like it with caster wheels.

And where u got it from?

SilverLexus
12-18-2004, 07:13 PM
The rack was a GATCO Latitude double rod towel rack from Expo. The workbench is $109 from your local Sam`s Club. It is food-quality NSF certified preparation table like those used in restaurants. Perfect for garage duties.

stilez
12-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Everything looks so neat and perfect except the uncoiled shopvac cord :rofl

I like the setup a lot.

I`d probably use that silver bench top for products I`m using that day. Looks like it helps a lot... Better than an Integra trunk :(

TW85 HHI
12-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Your garage is too clean and organized. :) I would love to have a rack/workbench like that but we have so much stuff that there is not a free wall to be found.

SilverLexus
12-18-2004, 07:25 PM
"except the uncoiled shopvac cord"

I know. I need to coil it up. :)

I hope to have the floors done soon. I`m looking at H&C concrete stain right now. I am also going to add a 4 foot high tool box from Lowes-Kobalt in black soon and probably some more shelves. The product collection is out of control. I need to organize my MFs but the clear boxes under the workbench will have pads in one box, WW in another, plush MF + ultrafine in another, applicators in another, and the rest by vendor I think.

I am looking at some Porsche posters for the walls and a runner down the middle of the floor from Sam`s (bluish-grey industrial carpet with rubber mat backing). My goal is to have it looked finished like a room in my house.

Yep, another OCD Autopian. :rofl

stevet
12-18-2004, 07:44 PM
What is in the one gallon jugs behind the NXT wash on the second shelf of the first picture? Looks like Duragloss Car Wash.

SilverLexus
12-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Yes, its Duragloss and Zymol I believe...

stevet
12-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

Yes, its Duragloss and Zymol I believe...

How do you like the Duragloss?

LouisanaJeeper
12-18-2004, 09:29 PM
my towel racks (3 in a row) are cooler

they are chrome

safetyman2010
12-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Nice. My girlfriend thinks I am nuts because of all the stainless and chrome racks and tool chests etc... I have bought for the garage. They just look so clean and modern. I actually have the same workbench but am taking to my shop because I bought a new stainless workbench with attached stainless pegboard and drawers that is going to replace it.

SilverLexus
12-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Stevet, Duragloss is excellent.

Jeeper, don`t often say this outside of a bar, but nice rack!

Chrome won`t work for me for two reasons, 1) the nickel matches perfectly my stainless steel table top on the workbench and 2) the rest of my house has nickel finished door knobs and hardware everywhere.

TN9thSi
12-18-2004, 09:37 PM
I work at the Nashville EXPO and have often thought about how nice that Latitude towel bar would be for hanging my WWMFs. I recognized it right away. We sell the same set, but it`s a little more $$ than I care to spend on a towel rack, lol. It is a nice piece though. That stainless steel cart is also very nice.

SilverLexus
12-18-2004, 09:40 PM
"I bought a new stainless workbench with attached stainless pegboard and drawers that is going to replace it."

Sounds nice...What product and model number is it?

It was expensive to buy this but my birthday is Monday and I have been working crazy hours and I just could not find a less expensive one up to my quality standards that matched the look of my garage.

stevet
12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

Stevet, Duragloss is excellent.

I agree. I tried it this summer and it`s my favorite by far. It`s one of the most over looked products on Autopia IMO. I never see it mentioned.