PDA

View Full Version : Which car care kit to purchase...

imported_MCA
12-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey folks...I am a long-time lurker, but a first-time poster. I have learned a whole lot of information from you guys/gals and greatly appreciate it.

I have a Black Mazda6 that I "baby" with the combo of GEPC and P21S wax. I am more than satisfied with the results, but I am pretty much out of these 2 products. This leads me to my small dilemma...I have been looking at 2 separate car kits at autogeek and I cannot make up my mind since I have no experience with their contents:

1) The Souveran Sizzling Shine Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsouvkit.html)

2) Pinnacle - Wolfgang Souveran Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/wg8001.html)

As you can see, I am dying to try out Souveran wax. Each kit is roughly the same cost and includes a set of applicators, MF`s, as well as the aforementioned wax. The difference comes down to each kit`s pre-wax treatment. According to many threads, they both leave a deep, wet look and are easy to apply/remove. I am not really concerned with durabilty because the mild Texas weather has allowed me to wash the car every two weeks or so (I have no problem applying more wax if needed). I would greatly appreciate anyone`s recommendation on this matter (Christmas is coming and I would like my car to look its best for the special occasion...hehehe).

Some additional info...I have a PC and a full set of pads at my disposal...I currently use P21S shampoo (almost out of that as well).

MCA

raymond_ho2002
12-17-2004, 11:41 PM
I`ve never tried pinnacle paint cleanser, but my guess is that it wouldn`t be far off in quality and ease of use from gepc or the wolfgang cleanser. The wolfgang kit comes with a sealant, which i think imparts a very nice, distinct look. My vote goes to the wolfgang souveran kit because I think it would give you a bit more variety to play with. With that kit you have the choice of leaving the finish with wolfgang sealant as the final product, or topping with souveran (or p21s). with the sizzling shine kit, you only have souveran to top with.

scottabir
12-17-2004, 11:45 PM
I like both of the products you have listed. I find that they are very similar in ease of use and results. I think your 6 will be very happy with either of them that you choose. Souveran looks so nice on black :)

I would buy the pinnacle. Why? the only reason being I have not tried the wolfgang QD. I have tried the crystal mist and love it.

03COBRA
12-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Pinnacle-wolfgang kit, no contest. You will be very happy with the kit. I love the WG sealant, and the Souveran is awesome. I have never used the WG cleansing lotion, but the sealant is great!

scottabir
12-18-2004, 12:19 AM
ok I am going to change my answer I failed to see that the wolfgang sealant came with that kit. I would now choose the wolfgang.