PDA

View Full Version : Which pad to use?

03TLS
12-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Hey guys i just got my pc and pad kit yesterday and tried it out with #9 and the green pad. It removed most of the swirls but not all so I think I am going to get some ssr 2.5 and ssr 1.

First question is should I go ahead and try the ssr or should I go back over it with #9 and the orange pad?

Also if i try the #9 again should I follow it with a finer polish?

Second question: If I go with the ssr 2.5 and ssr 1 what pads should i use with each? Should I try the green with the 2.5 and then the blue with ssr1 or the green with both??

Thanks for any help!!

White95Max
12-17-2004, 02:13 PM
I don`t like #9. It plays tricks on you by using fillers in the polish. My guess is that the swirls are much less removed than they appear to be. I would recommend only using non-filling polishes...they will actually remove the swirls instead of filling them like #9 will.

It should be called #9 Swirl Filler. :rolleyes:

BTW, I don`t think any of the SSR polishes have fillers, so they would be a good choice.

imported_The Uncle
12-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Which pads are you talking about? If you are talking about the SONUS pads, the blue doesn`t have any cutting ability and the Orange is the most aggressive. I don`t think either is ideal for minor swirls. I might suggest SSR1 with a green pad. Use the orange pad with caution.

Again, however, I`m just starting out myself.

White95Max
12-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Yeah if you`re using the orange cutting pad with #9, that doesn`t make much sense. To use a very aggressive pad with a very weak polish...:nono

Also if i try the #9 again should I follow it with a finer polish?

The finer polish would just bring out the fillers in #9 and make the paint look like the swirls got worse...of course they would have been the same all along, the #9 just filled them in a bit to make them look better.

03TLS
12-17-2004, 03:02 PM
So i guess i should go ahead and get the ssr 2.5 and ssr1. Do I use both of them with the green sonus pad or use ssr 2.5 with the green pad and ssr1 with the blue pad?

imported_The Uncle
12-17-2004, 03:13 PM
I think it makes sense to use the least aggressive combo first. You didn`t have that much luck with #9, but that isn`t a great product (from what everybody is saying). I`d first try SSR1 with the green pad, and see what happens. If that doens`t work, you can try some more aggressive strategy.

BTW, the blue pad doesn`t have much cutting ability. I used that pad the other day with Klasse AIO. I this it is more for cleaning products (as opposed to polishing products). You`ll need to use the green and orange pads to get rid of imperfections in the paint.

hirosh
12-17-2004, 04:22 PM
SSR 2.5 and SSR 1 are a good polishing combo.

you could try SSR 2.5 with a polishing pad first (i don`t know which color of the sonus pads that would be) and see how that does in removing the swirls. if not, step up to the cutting pad. follow that up with SSR 1 with a polishing pad.

03TLS
12-17-2004, 04:30 PM
thanks for all your help guys!!

Does anybody know how fast poorboys ships their products out??