PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO over Sonus Polishing system?

eclipsegt05
12-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Would it be okay to apply AIO over Sonus`s new FSX-3 polish, or would it dull the gloss that`s created by the fine polish?

The instructions recommend topping the polish with a pure sealent or wax, but I think that Klasse SG wouldn`t like the surface without AIO. What`s the verdict? Can SG be used successfully without applying AIO first?

Thanks,

This is my first post and my first go at detailing!! Glad to join the forum.

Haysam

JasonD
12-16-2004, 03:34 PM
It will be fine to put AIO over the polish, actually if you plan on using SG I would almost say it is a must.

2wheelsx2
12-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by eclipsegt05

The instructions recommend topping the polish with a pure sealent or wax, but I think that Klasse SG wouldn`t like the surface without AIO. What`s the verdict? Can SG be used successfully without applying AIO first?

It`s not that you cannot use SG without AIO first, but that the surface has to be free of oils/fillers. AIO will ensure that there is none.

eclipsegt05
12-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks,

I haven`t used the SFX-polishes yet, but the number #1 polish is very aggressive and since I`m new to this, I`m wondering if this polish can be applied to the entire vehicle, or is it just to address badly affected areas?

And is there a maximum amount of times that we can treat our cars with SFX-2?

Thanks,

HGT

eclipsegt05
12-16-2004, 04:06 PM
By the way, my car is a silver 2001 mitsubishi eclipse in good shape but with isolated swirl marks.

2wheelsx2
12-16-2004, 04:41 PM
I am not familiar with the Sonus stuff, as I have not tried it. But my tried and true polish is DACP which is fairly aggressive, and I use it without hesitate on most cars.

I read the description on the site, and SFX-1 sounds like a compound. If that`s true, then I would say you don`t need it, as you say you have isolated swirl marks. I would just go with SFX-2 for moderate to light swirl removal.

I don`t think anyone could tell you what the max time you can use any polish without knowing the history of the paint and measuring the thickness. But I can say with confidence that if you are going to use a PC that you can polish 2 or 3 times a year for the rest of the car`s life no problem probably.