PDA

View Full Version : Gliptone Detailing Products Q&A

Pages : [1] 2

NavindraLR
12-16-2004, 10:47 AM
does anyone use, or have tried the gliptone detailing products? specifically the professional line. i went to their headquarters and it seems to be good stuff, but they have a lot of s***. like 10 different washes, 9 different waxes, 12 different polishes, is incredible.. i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this stuff??? the owner told me their leather conditioner was rated #1 in the world... i guess its kinda narrowed down to detailers in long island ny, since the company is based out here, but if anyone has tried this stuff, let me know how you liked it.. pictures would be great as well.

www.gliptone.com (http://www.gliptone.com)

joshcaro
12-16-2004, 10:51 AM
I remember seeing GSRtillez using the quick detailer I believe.

NavindraLR
12-16-2004, 02:44 PM
yeah, im sure he has since he lives near me.. maybe he can post his thoughts..

any other takers?

ncal
12-16-2004, 02:47 PM
There was someone else who liked one of their polishes I believe. My understanding is that Gliptone is a smaller product line (as far as distribution goes) that is regional to your area. That would explain why most people don`t have experience with their products.

NavindraLR
12-16-2004, 02:51 PM
yeah... they dont really promote outside of my area...

stilez
12-16-2004, 02:56 PM
I`ve tried...

-Wetlook Dressing

-ProBuff Cleaner Wax

-100% Carnauba Liquid Wax

-Carnauba Body Gloss

-Glaze-It Polish

-Tar-Off

That`s all I can remember right now. I still have the Glaze-It, ProBuff, and Body Gloss. I`ll give you some samples when I get home this weekend.

As far as performance, there are better products out there, but they aren`t bad.

NavindraLR
12-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

As far as performance, there are better products out there, but they aren`t bad.

lol..thats what i figured... id love to try some samples... IM me when you`re home.

Bill D
12-16-2004, 05:14 PM
I recall sampling their leather dressing which had that new leather-like fragrance. I think they do/did sell it through the MidAmerica Corvette catalog

Corey Bit Spank
12-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Sean sent me some probuff. I got similar results with it + PC and finishing pad as vanilla moose. :)

Mr Monk
12-16-2004, 09:02 PM
I`ve tried their QD called Body GLoss. Not bad. Has some carnuba in it and leaves a great shine on red paint.

However, their leather conditioner is top notch IMO. The smell is great too!

These are not in their so called professional line but good products they are. Distribution is a problem for sure. In central NJ Pep Boys sell a few of their items. So does Strauss, but that`s it. Hard to come by. Plus, I haven`t found their customer relations dept. to be very responsive. Maybe they just concentrate on the professional detailer???

NavindraLR
12-16-2004, 09:45 PM
im pretty sure they just concentrate on prof detailers... they even expect buyers to pick up products at the headquarters.. they dont really ship out that much... the way they do get their products out, are buy a truck which distributes the products, something like the snap on truck

they make it seem like body gloss is a really good quick detailer... would u rank it as one of the better qd`s which you have tried? correct me if im wrong, but its the pinkish liquid right?

lbls1
12-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Their polishes are very very good. Especially the pro-buff paint cleaner. I highly recommend it. Waxes, however, you could probably do better with other products. Their waxes are good for a typical off the shelf type of wax, but there are quite a few products out now that could handily outperform your typical auto supply counter waxes.

Good luck.

SilverLexus
12-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Just an observation but Gliptone got creamed in the Guru Reports which I have found to be very reliable.

WD Pro
12-17-2004, 05:32 AM
I think they only market the leather care products in the UK, I like them and think they are very good.

The cleaner is a bit time consuming (Especially if youâ€â„¢re making money from detailing) but it works well and is supposed to be very gentle on stitches etc.

The conditioner smells like traditional leather.

They also do an equivalent to quick detailer but for your seats !

WD :xyxthumbs

NavindraLR
12-17-2004, 05:56 AM
for the guru reports do you have to pay for them everytime, or is it a onetime fee?