PDA

View Full Version : Fogging Problem in winter, really bad!

Pages : [1] 2

Panda_TSX
12-16-2004, 02:50 AM
Hey guys

I have a huge fogging problem with my car. I leave the AC on the car on all the time just to try and get rid of the humidity but still fogging. Also tried keeping the heat to a bare minimum, no workie either.

I`ve had the car since July 04, i`ve applied 303 Protectant on the interior dash, doors, rubbers. I`ve also used Lexol Conditioner on the seats. These have been done a few times. I`ve also done 303 on the weather stripping around the doors.

I`ve tried to clean the interior windows with a MF but still fogs.

Am i missing something or is my car a lemon? I` look around at the other cars in the parking lot and none of them are as bad as mine!!!

Any ideas or tips on how i can beat this problem? i hate waiting 5mins or so before i can actually see out MOST of the windows before i can drive(rear side windows still foggy by the time the main ones i need to drive are done)

Thanks

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Usually the AC unit located on the firewall in the engine compartment has a flat rubber type drain hose. It sounds like that drain may be clogged and not allowing accumulated moisture to drip away. If your AC is not dripping moisture after it has been running a while, then that would be a sign of the drain possibly being clogged.

Lemonxxs
12-16-2004, 07:41 AM
you may have a water leak in the car and this water is causing excess fog

Eliot Ness
12-16-2004, 07:52 AM
mirrorfinishman and Guess My Name hit on two very likey causes. Make sure you have moisture dripping under the car when you run the AC, and a possible water leak could be from a heater core, hose, etc.. Do you notice any type of a coolant or musty odor in your car?

Edit: treebiter below makes a good point also. Read your owners manual on this. Many years ago both me and my (now ex) wife had old VW bugs. Now the heaters in those things weren`t that good to begin with, but she complained about all the cold air that blew on her. I took hers to the store one winter and sure enough, she had the dash vents open! Granted they were controlled by two "unmarked" knobs on the dash, but if she had read the owners manual she would have known what they were for.

treebiter
12-16-2004, 08:08 AM
You`ve probably already checked this, but do you have the vents closed / set to recirculate? Do you have the AC set to "Max AC"? If so, those might be causing additional fogging.

Panda_TSX
12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
The vents are all open, the AC is always set on. I don`t use auto climate control and actually leave the temperature pretty low, i`ve tried high also and they both fog up.

I`ll have to check out all that stuff when i get back, leaving for a trip tommorow.

One other thing is , I installed a Injen intake in the car and had to bypass a coolant line, but i don`t think it`s leaking or blocking the coolant, it` was basically just skip another section of coolant line. But nonetheless i`ll give that a check too..

Any other ideas? Could it be 303 or the lexol holding in moisture or anything or evaporating?

Thanks guys.

SK2003TypeS
12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
In addition to the other posts, interior protectants sometimes evaporate and stick on glass. Maybe you have some 303 that did that. I`ve had that problem a few times after a fresh interior overhaul.

When you turn on the A/C, are you hitting the A/C button or the defrost button. I don`t know if it`s something different, but I always use the defrost button and the A/C kicks on. Guessing that our cars are similar.

SK2003TypeS
12-16-2004, 12:45 PM
I don`t think the Injen is a factor. A Lot of TSX guyz have intakes with no probs. I have the comptech icebox and the rerouted coolant line.

Andrew Timmins
12-16-2004, 02:43 PM
You mention using a MF on interior windows, do you just use it dry, damp or with a glass cleaner spray or polish?

I tend to find my windows don`t fog quite so badly after using a glass polish on them.

NavindraLR
12-16-2004, 02:45 PM
you should ask anyone else you know with a tsx to see if they have the same problem.. that way you can determine it ifs only your car, if its the model as a whole

Panda_TSX
12-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Yes i`ve asked if others have this problem and none said anything as bad as mine.. minor fogging.. but mine is like MAJOR fogging..

I cleaned it dry with the MF but when i come back from my trip i`ll clean it with a solution.

My AC is on all the time, i leave it on and it also automatically turns it on with the defrost option...

du3ce
12-16-2004, 05:33 PM
if u want a cheap alternative use shaving cream, rub it on the inside windshield and buff it off it should last for a month

Panda_TSX
12-16-2004, 06:47 PM
shaving cream? what brand is good :)

ntoddalbert
12-16-2004, 07:00 PM
you should ask this on the acura forums might be someone else with the same car/fix

http://tsx.acurazine.com/

Good Luck

Panda_TSX
12-17-2004, 08:21 AM
thx , i`m already there :)