PDA

View Full Version : why doesnt any one like der shiney stuff????

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

racepenut
12-16-2004, 12:28 AM
I have been using der shiney stuff and der real stuff on and off for about 1.5 years, only by hand, and it is absolutely wonderful. It is my go to polish/ cleaner/ protector for by hand applications. Now ive switched to pc and 1z products, but I will do a review of Der shiney stuff and der real stuff by pc when i get some time to kill, unless someone else has tried it? It has done some great things for minor swirls and ease of use. I know its been brought up before but no one seems to say much about it? The clay is supposed to be good? Just wondering what your thoughts are on it? Im thinking it could be a great "polish" to use between a full pc detail? I dont know how well it protects but it sure is the easiest product to use so far. NXT being a close second.

White95Max
12-16-2004, 12:32 AM
I`ve never heard of it before. :nixweiss

I guess that`s why I don`t say much about it.

Wasatch
12-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Never heard of it as well.

imported_kgb
12-16-2004, 09:22 AM
http://www.dershineystuff.com/

It reminds me of that duragloss stuff. Why would you need your paint protected in a fire? :lol

a.k.a. Patrick
12-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Plus, if you buy $72.00 worth of products they throw in a $8.00 microfiber ! How can you resist !

MattZ28
12-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Der Shiney Stuff? Sorry, I can`t help but laugh at the name.

imported_BretFraz
12-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Probably because there is like 50 million products on the market just like it. Like about 90% of the products in this industry, there doesn`t seem to be anything special about Der. Probably nothing horrible either.

It`s been talked about before here; do a search and you`ll find posts.

They appear to be a small, very regional company selling products mostly to local stores. Companies like this are all over the nation. Similar companies have avid followings here but most are ignored (don`t ask me why this is, it just is).

Since virtually all paint detailing clay sold in the US comes from one of two sources, I`m sure Der`s clay is no different than anyone elses.

xhaust50
12-16-2004, 10:05 AM
If you like it then definitely stick with it. I have no experience with their products so I can`t say anthing about them, but their advertising for oxidation removal has to be the biggest gimmick I have ever seen in detailing.

http://www.der-realstuff.com/Detail.bok?no=3

TW85 HHI
12-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Dang, I thought for sure the company would be located in the south with a name starting out with "Der."

Their oxidation removal example is laughable. Nothing like using a heavy film of just crap to show off their paint cleaner. Also not crazy about them using sex appeal to try and sell car care products. :rolleyes:

And another thing, using wax paper and saran wrap to promote the use of acrylic products? Come on!

imported_wblynch
12-16-2004, 12:27 PM
I used Der Clay Stuff.

It was a bit pricey but maybe within the range for pricey clay.

The clay was very stiff and very sticky. It was hard to knead and fold.

I can`t say I was disappointed but not thrilled either. I probably would not buy it again.

The company has a wierd "attitude" about them. That turns me off too.

Too much to choose from for me to play their games.

No more "Der Wierd Stuff" for me.

racepenut
12-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Im not trying to promote them in any way but the bottom of that page where it shows the swirls before and after is exactly the results I can get with it by hand. I dont think they are gone by any means but for a product that you rub in and rub off with very little effort the results are amazing by hand. It is a local product here in southern california, maybe thats why it is so popular here? I guess it isnt popular amongst autopia because people wont even try it before they trash talk on it, and there are a million other products similar to it. I was just hoping someone could give me their thoughts on it after using it. I have no idea what it would do by PC but by hand it covers up swirls really well. Just trying to figure out if I should use up the two bottles I have of it or if its just junk.

Guess I will do a before and after by hand and take pics.

01bluecls
12-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Lol looks kinda funny in the link given http://www.der-realstuff.com/Detail.bok?no=3 look at the price for the bottle. To me it looks like they slashed 10.95 and made it 16.95. I know they prolly have 18.95 but still looks funny. THat`s all i have to input since i have no knowledge about this product. :)

sQuashed
12-16-2004, 01:04 PM
If you make the call that its junk, I`ll take a sample !! The thing I dislike about your last post was how it "covers up swirls"??????Does it cover up or get rid of?

imported_BretFraz
12-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by racepenut

Im not trying to promote them in any way but the bottom of that page where it shows the swirls before and after is exactly the results I can get with it by hand. I dont think they are gone by any means but for a product that you rub in and rub off with very little effort the results are amazing by hand. It is a local product here in southern california, maybe thats why it is so popular here? I guess it isnt popular amongst autopia because people wont even try it before they trash talk on it, and there are a million other products similar to it. I was just hoping someone could give me their thoughts on it after using it. I have no idea what it would do by PC but by hand it covers up swirls really well. Just trying to figure out if I should use up the two bottles I have of it or if its just junk.

Guess I will do a before and after by hand and take pics.

Why worry about what Autopia thinks? If you`re using it and like it, stick with it!!

I`ll tell you this, if you post before and after pics using Der and the pics look really good, you`ll become the defacto God of DerShinyStuff at Autopia. NOTHING convinces people here of a product like fancy pics. If you play this right you`ll prolly end up with free product from Der just for the exposure and promotion you`ll give them.

TW85 HHI
12-16-2004, 01:36 PM
If your swirls are no longer visible after applying the product by hand--wipe on and wipe off--then the product has fillers.