PDA

View Full Version : Seminar

whiteowl
12-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Does anyone do a 2 day detailing seminar(I expect to pay)in the Chicago,Il. area? I have found them in Ca. and Pa..Also I read today that one layer of wax on another removes the first coat.If that is true I waste a lot of wax and time. Thanks guys. :nixweiss :scared

JeffM
12-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Bump...or one on the east coast of florida :up

White95Max
12-15-2004, 06:10 PM
One layer of wax will remove the previous layer only if it is a cleaner wax,

You could always come to our Detailing Meet in the spring for WI/IL members. Check out the thread in the Hot Tub forum.

I did see a date somewhere about a detailing seminar/class at College of DuPage sometime in early January. I forget where I saw it though. I`ll see if I can jog my memory...

tpgsr
12-15-2004, 06:41 PM
PM turbomangt

White95Max
12-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Yeah that`s the guy. I already gave dwhite his website URL.

togwt
12-16-2004, 05:56 AM
Quote: Also I read today that one layer of wax on another removes the first coat. If that is true I waste a lot of wax and time. Thanks

~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations

Yes, No & Maybe...

Solvents provide a lubricant and aid the adherence process by working their way into the microscopic gaps and valleys of the previous `layer` softening it, providing each subsequent applications carrying agent (solvent, oils silicones or emulsion) are not so concentrated that they degrade or remove (as in the case of a cleaner wax) what has been previously applied.

The carrier system (solvents) allows the product to fill and level the paint film surface to produce a flat surface (this flat level surface is more pronounced with polymers due to their molecular alignment characteristics). This level surface optimises the paint film surface`s desired optical properties (i.e. surface reflectance, clarity, gloss, and depth of shine)

Also be aware that the both the product and the foam pad may be non-abrasive, but application pressure if not kept to an absolute minimum and using use a very light and even pressure, may re-introduce surface marring and/or removal of the previously applied product.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM