PDA

View Full Version : I think I may finally try WG this weekend, questions

EBPcivicsi
12-15-2004, 01:24 PM
I have had a sample of WG sealant and precleaner for over a year now. I have a 2004 altima to detail on Saturday, I think I may give it a go.

Anyone had any problems using it on black? Streaking?

Better to apply with the PC or hand?

How long are letting it set up?

Anyone tried to use anything else as a base, aside form their precleaner? I will probably be using speedglaze or DACP+a final polish via the cyclo for the prep.

TIA

ncal
12-15-2004, 01:44 PM
WG is very easy to use, you should have no problems with streaking . I would apply it by hand because it is very easy to use (I apply almost all my waxes/sealants by hand though). The precleaner is odd in that it never feels like it dries up, almost like show car glaze (it just skins). It works but I personally like AIO as a cleaner better. Just as effective and personally, I like the results more.

EBPcivicsi
12-15-2004, 03:29 PM
^ Thanks, I may try the pre cleaner on a section and see how I like it. If not, I guess I will go with AIO.

Has anyone gone straight from #80 to WG? Any problems with bonding/durability?

MattZ28
12-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Wolfgang won`t have any problems bonding on top of #80. I like applying it with a finishing pad on my PC on 3-4 -- you use less product and get a thinner, more even application. Apply to the whole car and remove (you can remove it as soon as it hazes which is ~20-30 seconds).