PDA

View Full Version : Need Help QUICK

q_tip98444
12-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Ok, I just purchased a PC. I have been doing cars by hand for several years now and have soe very satisfied customers. (one that I do every week) Well, I come asking advice from the detail gods of this forum, I would like suggestions on what products to buy, along with pads, for an initial investment of 100 or less. I`m going to spend more in prolly a month though. (I have a bit of a spending problem:rolleyes: )

Well I have several cars lined up from a couple different dealerships, and a few private customers in the following month so I really need suggestions on waht products will work best with the PC, and on varying shades and colors of cars. I have tried to search, but mostly find something talking about a certain product for a color, but not if it works on several different colors. All of this info is making my head hurt lol. Anyways, now that my fingers hurt :p , any help you guys could give me would be appreciated beyond words.

jimmybuffit
12-15-2004, 04:45 AM
Designed just for you... and less than $100!

Meguiar`s Essentials Kit (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3725)

As far as different colors... polishes don`t make a difference.

Sealants and wax, maybe, but polish is polish.

Jim

Midlifecrisis
12-15-2004, 05:40 AM
I`m a relative newbie to using a PC as well and thought I would second the suggestion of using this combo. I just used the Megs DACP (#83) followed by Speed Glaze (#80) to fix a few scratches on my wife`s car last weekend. Really amazingly easy using a PC --cutting pad on areas with defects and #83 with PC at 5 to 6 (you have to hold on tight with it at 6) and polishing pad and #80 (PC at 5-6 also) first over the areas that had the #83 and then over the whole car. Followed this up with the Klasse twins (AIO and SG) and the 2003 Accord (Silver) has never looked better. Knowing I can fix these small flaws makes me rest a lot easier when my wife backs out of our very cramped garage!

It`s truly amazing (at least to me) how well you can fix of small defects with this system and make the rest of the car sparkle as well.

q_tip98444
12-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys. This will be perfect, works out much cheaper than the paint store a few blocks away. :bow