PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wash

Anthony O.
12-14-2004, 07:23 PM
I have been using the Opt Car Wax for some months now so David, the maker of Optimum, sent me some of his car wash to try out.

David told me that the car wash is formulated to boost or enhance OCW. While I don`t know if that is true what I do know is that this car wash is top notch.

Great suds (if your into that) rinses clean and does a great job in emulsifying grime and dirt. Not to mention a fantastic smell:D

Most of my cars are now finished out with the Opt Car Wax and the picture below shows one of them after 3 weeks of OCW being applied. This is after being washed with the Opt Car Wash.

All in all I am so impressed with this new car wash that it will most likely replace my regular Top of the Line car wash (sorry Irene).

Thanks,

Anthony

http://img126.exs.cx/img126/6066/optcarwash1kc.jpg

Corey Bit Spank
12-14-2004, 07:34 PM
sponges? I don`t like sponges. :p

How does the water sheet off after? Good, bad? Like any other wash?

SilverLexus
12-14-2004, 08:20 PM
How`s the lubricity?

TW85 HHI
12-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Optimum should use that photo for marketing. :)

Bill D
12-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Hmm.. I might be seeking out another premium wash to add to the arsenal. Of course I wonder how it performs via foam gun and if it comes in gallons but how well it lubricates is probably most important to me

Scottwax
12-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Can you buy it by the gallon and if so, how much? Gold Class is pretty hard to beat at $7 a gallon last time it was on sale.

Anthony O.
12-15-2004, 12:10 AM
I prefer sponges on my regular cars that are of a dark color. More grit rinses free from the rock wool sponges than anything else.

The Opt Car Wash rates well with me in the lubrication department. I would rank it in the area of Pinnacles Car Wash which to me rates high in the lubrication area.

I am not sure the price of a gallon but I am sure David sells it by the gallon.

I`ll look into it.

Anthony

Bill D
12-15-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

I

The Opt Car Wash rates well with me in the lubrication department. I would rank it in the area of Pinnacles Car Wash which to me rates high in the lubrication area.

That sounds great but I just read now that the Pinnacle is too harsh on (probably delicate) wax. :nixweiss. Hope the Opt has no issue with that.

mgm2003
12-15-2004, 06:43 AM
Just recieved my Optimum car wash this week, as did my neighbor. I`ll post our results after trying it out this weekend.

Bill, Optimum sells a kit with 4oz of car wash, spray wax, protectant, and a MF for $17.00. You should give it a test run. I know you`ll like it.

Bill D
12-15-2004, 05:38 PM
MGM,

I will certainly keep that in mind. Thanks. I`m pretty sure the Spray wax is going to join my new spray product line up for `05 :D

cgc2
12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
How does this stuff rate when compared to 1Zpearls ?

mgm2003
12-20-2004, 08:55 AM
I tried the optimum car wash over the weekend. It`s A LOT different than the Meg`s NXT wash that I always use. The optimum is much slicker feeling, and is a very low suds solution compared to NXT. It has excellend cleaning properties. I had a grease smudge on my lower rocker panel, and effortlessly removed it with Optimum. IMO it`s a very good car wash, but it`s not as impressive as the Optimum Car Wax.