PDA

View Full Version : Snow Detail

audipower
12-14-2004, 01:21 AM
I detailed this car Saturday. I forgot my camera, so I told the lady that I would come over Monday. Well, she took it out of the garage.

We got 12 inches. It`s NE Ohio aka Snow Belt. I live 50 yds from Lake Erie.

Coldest I`ve ever detailed a car. 34o in the garage. Clay, Sonus Paint Cleaner, SFx Polishes, Klasse AIO, SG. When I let the SG set for 24 hrs it was a pain to get off the roof. I think because it moisture sat on the hood, but she was very happy and told me to come do a full detail spring. Her friend called today, but I told her I would have to wait till it got no lower than 40o at night.

jasonmac
12-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I started my wife`s winter detail while a snowstorm was just passing. Just washed it in the driveway, then pulled into the garage for the rest. Some of the neighbors were looking at me kind of strange as I was washing the car though ;)

SilverLexus
12-14-2004, 06:33 PM
At least you brag abrout how you brought the flakes out! :D

Thomas Dekany
12-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

At least you brag abrout how you brought the flakes out! :D

Now that is funny!

Labster
12-15-2004, 11:08 PM
I know how that goes. I just got my car washed after almost 2 weeks of grime when that snow storm hit. Now it`s covered in salt and other crap. I`m headed to the wash bay to pressure wash the under carriage and body just to get the salt off.

TurboCat
12-16-2004, 01:54 AM
That`s the one thing I don`t miss about living in Cleveland - all the snow!!! I`m in Indy now and we only got a few flakes flying around in the air. But it`s still too friggin` cold to detail outdoors!

You`re definitely in the snow belt in Ashtabula - I was on the west side!

:shocked