PDA

View Full Version : NXT/Natty`s = Soaking Wet with Depth!!!

Pages : [1] 2

G35stilez
11-09-2004, 12:52 PM
So my mechanic called me up last week (yes the one that I started the customer service thread on a couple weeks ago). He told me how his wife`s RX300 was going to Lexus to have all the wood (faux) replaced because it was separating from the dash. He said he needed it detailed to prove that it was taken care of.

Now this `01 RX300 has 14k on the clock and stays outside. I think the sun played a huge roll in the wood problem, but otherwise an immaculate vehicle. They do something that I think every person should do with their cars...It goes carpet, then lexus carpet mats, then heavy duty rubber mats on top. This really keeps everything clean. The interior was very quick...light spot removal, cleaning the rubber mats, cleaning the leather/dash/doors and protecting, so no pics.

The exterior was in great shape. I did VM/EX-P about 3 months ago and it was dead on the surface. The water just pooled and I didn`t really see any EX-P wetness as far as looks. It didn`t need to be clayed again as the surface felt very clean (clayed 3 months ago). Since he loves his 2 coats of wax theory, I tried something new...Natty`s over NXT. I first hit it with NXT via rotary and a LC polishing pad @ 1000 rpm and light pressure, let dry for 10-15 minutes and removed. This instantly brought back that wet look and reflections increased. It also removed some light water spotting on the lower panels. I then hit the wheel wells with some Hyper Dressing and moved to Natty`s by hand. I let it sit for 10 minutes while I coated the rims in Natty`s and VM`d the lighting, windows, and emblems. When all was said and done, the RX was just dripping. The thing that also impressed me was with such a light color, even in direct sunlight, it was producing amazing reflections (light colors usually drown out, reflection wise, in bright light). So for the customer who likes 2 coats of wax, I think this combo is great :) .

Cliffnotes
-NXT Wash
-APC+ (10:1) on rims, tires, wells, lower panels, and bumpers
-VM on lighting, windows, and emblems
-Hyper Dressing cut 2:1 on tires, wells, and lower trim
-NXT via rotary and LC Polishing Pad @ 1000rpm
-Natty`s Paste Wax by hand

Pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03211.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03212.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03213.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03214.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03216.jpg
Wet!

I also want to mention that I spoke to him about the police officer customer. He goes "I know this guy is a pain in the ass...I thought that when I first talked to him, but once I worked on one of his cars and proved myself to him, there were no questions asked. He would bring his cars in, told me to fix what they needed, and paid his bill without a question. He also has sent soo much business to me that I throw in oil changes and tire rotations for him. His friends come from 45-60 mins away". I`m glad I heard that and look forward to detailing his cars. I`m giving him a call next week to set everything up, so I will keep the board posted on that progress :)

G35stilez
11-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, since I liked the sun so much there :), I took a couple shots of my Teg.

-FMJ x 2
-Trade Secret x 3
-Hyper Dressing (2:1) on tires and in wells

I think this 3rd coat was a breaking point. I noticed a ton more glow from the paint. As you can see I didn`t do this combo on my rims (they just have FMJ x 1), which is why up close you can see a color shade difference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03203.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03205.jpg

Enjoy!

NavindraLR
11-09-2004, 01:10 PM
that lexus came out good... really is dripping wet.. especially the second pic... and damn the vteg looks ******* good!!! i dont think your car would look as nice if you werent into detailing. a clean car is always good, and looks better, especially a show car like yours... basically what i mean is, if your car was always dirty i wouldnt like it as much as i do, but thats never the case is it...

Holyghostfilled
11-09-2004, 01:20 PM
GSR-

Your reputation matches your skill and thoroughness. I had a question on the type of dressing you place on the black trimings with or without chrome?

BTW impressive Lexus!:bigups I agree on light vehicles...it`s truly difficult to produce that nice wet liquid look. Thanks for sharing.

Daniel
:ghost

kimwallace
11-09-2004, 01:44 PM
NXT is a great product for some light cleaning and instant wet shine. I will have to try topping it with Nattys ... Great work and thanks for the idea!

scottlee
11-09-2004, 02:20 PM
fantastic as usual, the nxt/ nattys looks great, its a combo i have used on my dark green mazda and was very pleased, now i am anxious to try it on our mitsu in tampa blue pearl, i am anxious to see how that looks as well
:bigups for your work :)

groebuck
11-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Wonder what Nxt + TS would look like :lol

guess I will find out since I need to break in my LC pads :) woot!

G35stilez
11-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Thank you all for the kind words :D

Navindra: I would prefer a clean, closer to stock car to a modded, messy one any day. Cleanliness is such a necessity.

ghost: On any plastic rubber or vinyl surface I use Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing cut 2:1. I feel it really deepens the color and produces a medium gloss sheen that dries to the touch.

For chrome, either Mother`s Metal Polish for tough stuff or Vanilla Moose or AIO for lighter cleaning.

groe: Definately go with NXT by machine. I just think the look is `cleaner` on metallics...It doesn`t darken/distort them as much.

NavindraLR
11-09-2004, 04:14 PM
im gonna give nxt a try by machine as well... do u think i should use a rotary or pc? finishing pad or polishing pad? looks like u use a polishing pad.. is the reason to intensify the cleaning abilities of nxt, or another reason?

G35stilez
11-09-2004, 05:50 PM
You got it. I only used it via rotary and polishing pad to multiply the cleaning power of it. Many use it via PC and finishing pad on a clayed/polished surface.

Thomas Dekany
11-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Sean - Fantastic! You shure make light colors shine! Excellent work as always.
Congrats on the "win".

PS: I apply NXT with a LC polishing pad on the PC

kimwallace
11-09-2004, 09:11 PM
im gonna give nxt a try by machine as well... do u think i should use a rotary or pc? finishing pad or polishing pad? looks like u use a polishing pad.. is the reason to intensify the cleaning abilities of nxt, or another reason?
A polishing pad will intensify the cleaning abilities plus the look is much better when it is applied by machine.

Rob Tomlin
11-10-2004, 12:18 AM
I thought NXT was a polymer, no? If so, wouldn`t it need to cure before applying Natty`s?

The Lexus looks great btw. It`s hard to get that color to look so wet. Great job.

Your Teg looks even better! I put a coat of TS (over 3 coats of Zaino) on my Velocity Red RX-8 last week and I am extremely impressed. It made the paint wetter looking and definitely gave it more depth! :cool

I will probably add another coat of TS this weekend.

TheSopranos16
11-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Sean, Everything looks terrific :bigups All of your pictures from this thread and others are enough to make me go buy a rotary! The truck is especially impressive since its a light color but still has deep reflections. Not to mention that the metalic flake shows through very well. Lookin good

zesty-man
11-10-2004, 12:24 AM
hmmm, you may have started a new craze. if i have some time, ill give it a whirl this weekend. lets see how this works on silver! thanks for the great advice