PDA

View Full Version : Just got a PC your favorites out of these available......

racepenut
12-13-2004, 02:28 AM
I was just told by my SO that im getting a PC with the sonus kit from autopia.

The cars I will be doing are a 2003 black mercedes kompressor and a 2004 black dodge srt4... Both cars I have maintained the paint on fairly well. Clayed when new, hand polished, aio, nxt or meguiars carnuba.

These vehicles both have very very light micro swirl marks.

The srt 4 seems to have a very soft clear cote. It is also parked outside 50yds from the ocean every day.

Now the questions:

Local detailing store carries the entire meguiars line, 3m line and autoglyme(sp?). The prices are decent.

I was thinking of getting meguiars #80 to polish out the slight swirls, and #82 as a refresher to the #80? If you had to choose what would you guys go with? The swirls are very light and Im not looking for perfection yet, just good improvement since both are daily drivers? Will become obsessed quickly im sure.

stevet
12-13-2004, 04:15 AM
I would go with 3M Perfect It III Rubbing Compound and Perfect It III Machine Glaze. These work great by hand or machine. I find them easier to use and get better results than Megs.

imported_pugoman
12-13-2004, 05:20 AM
I haven`t used any 3M products personally - but I can certainly recommend #80, it`s a very nice product to use with the PC... follow it up with some NXT and/or #16 if you have some.

Don`t overlook the AG products - the SRP + EGP combo is very durable and looks great.

04MysticCobra
12-13-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by stevet

I would go with 3M Perfect It III Rubbing Compound and Perfect It III Machine Glaze. These work great by hand or machine. I find them easier to use and get better results than Megs.

I am using these 3M products now by Hand and just got a PC over the weekend. just looking for some help on the best pads to use with these products. appreciate any help/info.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe.

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE.

stevet
12-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by 04MysticCobra

I am using these 3M products now by Hand and just got a PC over the weekend. just looking for some help on the best pads to use with these products. appreciate any help/info.

Perfect It III Rubbing Compound- use with a cutting pad, light cutting pad (orange), or polishing pad. Depends how bad the defects are you are trying to remove.

Perfect It III Machine Glaze- use with a polishing pad.

You said you have maintained the paint well and have very minor marring. In this case I would try MG with a polishing pad and see if that will work. It may be all you need. If not than work your way up to RC and a polishing pad. You probably have read this a hundred times but remember to use the least abrasive combo of pads and products to get the job done.

04MysticCobra
12-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by stevet

Perfect It III Rubbing Compound- use with a cutting pad, light cutting pad (orange), or polishing pad. Depends how bad the defects are you are trying to remove.

Perfect It III Machine Glaze- use with a polishing pad.

You said you have maintained the paint well and have very minor marring. In this case I would try MG with a polishing pad and see if that will work. It may be all you need. If not than work your way up to RC and a polishing pad. You probably have read this a hundred times but remember to use the least abrasive combo of pads and products to get the job done.

Thanks stevet,

My finish is in very good shape. just looking to get rid of some minor surface scatches that I have not been able to get out by Hand. thanks again for the help.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE.