PDA

View Full Version : Correct Order?

05SilverTRD
11-09-2004, 09:34 AM
I just purchased some AIO and UPP this week. I would like to top it with a wax for some protection. I am seriously considering ordering the Victorias Concours Wax. Would this be what I am looking for. I plan to do this process this weekend:

Wash/Clay/Wash
AIO
UPP ( 2 or more times )
Victorias Wax

Is this going to be a waste of time or should I expect some good results. The paint finish is gret right now. I am looking for some more depth to it. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

JaredPointer
11-09-2004, 09:51 AM
You have the correct order. Personally, I think the wash/clay/wash may be a little too much. Since you`re polishing, why not wash, then clay then go directly to polishing. I think the extra wash & dry is an uneeded expenditure of your resources. You may like the idea of "claying while you wash." Do a search for it and you can see the methods others have used to do that.

Also, I dunno if the multiple coats of UPP in the same day would be advisable. I think the general consensus is give sealants a 24 hour "cure" time in between coats. That "rule" also applies to topping the sealant with a wax. Give the sealant time to bond to the paint before topping it.

Good luck this weekend!!

05SilverTRD
11-09-2004, 09:59 AM
So I might find more luck by washing and claying once. And then applying AIO and UPP. Then let the UPP bond to the paint for 24 hours or so and apply either another coat of UPP or the Wax. Either way, letting the UPP dry for about 24 hours between coats.

Rob Tomlin
11-09-2004, 10:01 AM
:yeah

Washing after clay is a judgment call. I do usually wash after claying because I tend to leave so much soap residue from the lubricant I use.

I love the AIO + UPP combo!

Good luck.

EDIT: this was suppose to be under Jared`s previous post.

JaredPointer
11-09-2004, 10:14 AM
So I might find more luck by washing and claying once. And then applying AIO and UPP. Then let the UPP bond to the paint for 24 hours or so and apply either another coat of UPP or the Wax. Either way, letting the UPP dry for about 24 hours between coats.

I don`t know if you`d be better off claying this way or not. I think (know for myself) it would be more efficient. Depending on your clay lube, and the fact that you are claying a new car, I think you could just remove the residue as you go with a clean MF. Then commence polishing. It is purely a personal call.

You are on the right track with the sealant/wax. :)

Beemerboy
11-09-2004, 10:29 AM
allot here clay during wash others such as myself use QD spary and clay right after wash. I find this way faster as I do not have to rewash the car. Either way its not wrong or right just a preference.

AS for the UPP a 24 hour period is good for bonding if you have the time. I have layer wax over UPP on the same day, not saying that`s right but more from a time stand point.

The wax topper is always nice as it really adds POP to the paint.

Your order and product selelction looks great to me good luck and pics please!

05SilverTRD
11-09-2004, 11:20 AM
I am going to try and clay the car afetr the wash and then dive right into polishing. I am excited about what it is going to look like.

Beemerboy
11-09-2004, 02:46 PM
You will like the results and don`t forget the pics!