PDA

View Full Version : PwC under UPP?

xhaust50
12-11-2004, 09:13 AM
I did a search an apparently no one has posted about using this combo. Has anyone used these products together? Can they even be used together? Anyone have any pics? Thanks.

Wasatch
12-11-2004, 09:26 AM
I have both, but have not tried them yet. Pretty sure you will not have any problems. Give them a try and let us know.

stevet
12-11-2004, 09:30 AM
I haven`t used that combo but I wonder about the carnauba in PWC and if there will be an issue with UPP bonding properly.

xhaust50
12-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by John Styrnol

I have both, but have not tried them yet. Pretty sure you will not have any problems. Give them a try and let us know.

I don`t have UPP yet, that`s the problem. But after the raves on here I want to order some, but I use PwC as my main polish. I could always order AIO, but would like to see if anyone has used PwC before and if it will work.

Originally posted by stevet

I haven`t used that combo but I wonder about the carnauba in PWC and if there will be an issue with UPP bonding properly.

That is what concerned me as well.

Thomas Dekany
12-11-2004, 09:37 AM
I never used UPP, but use pwc alot under other products. It only has a small amount of carnauba in it according to Steve. I never have any bonding issues. It does have polimer in it with good protection on its own. You`ll see what I mean when you are ""trying"" to clean out the pad. It is like cleaning out a sealant from your pads.

xhaust50
12-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Right, PwC obviously works with EX and EX-P, but I hear that UPP is a little more picky about what`s under it. Surprised that no one has tried it.

mtodde
12-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by tdekany

I never used UPP, but use pwc alot under other products. It only has a small amount of carnauba in it according to Steve. I never have any bonding issues. It does have polimer in it with good protection on its own. You`ll see what I mean when you are ""trying"" to clean out the pad. It is like cleaning out a sealant from your pads.

You`re right about that. I found that PwC has pretty good protection. I had to cut a detail on a friend`s car short today due to weather and put some PwC on to give him some protection until we could get together again...PwC is a great 1 step product...I`ve got it in my door jambs now.

Scottwax
12-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Apparently, VM and UPP work well together. I know Ranney sells them together as a package deal. I figure he has either tried it on his own or knows someone who has. VM is a more `oily` product than PwC is.

My favorite topper for PwC though is #16. Just an incredible combo. :)

Thomas Dekany
12-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

My favorite topper for PwC though is #16. Just an incredible combo. )

I can see why you`d like that combo.Scott

this was pwc & pink wax, which is very similar to #16 (to me)

wet, slick, & shiny

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tdekany/tn_118_1854.jpg