PDA

View Full Version : Which pad for which product? I need your help!

accordmaniac
12-10-2004, 09:17 PM
okay, so today my Porter Cable 7336 arrived from Lowes, so tomorrow I`m planning to have some fun with it. But i don`t know which pad I should use with the following products. first of all I have four Meguiar`s soft buff pads , i have 1 cutting, 2 polishing, and 1 finishing. Secondly how do you guys clean and care for your pads? also the following products aren`t all going to be used in the same day.

ssr 2.5

ssr 1

AIO

4*UPP

Meguiar`s show car glaze #7

Meguiar`s Hi tech yellow #26

Meg`s deep crystal : painter cleaner

polish

wax

meg`s tech wax

mother`s cleaner wax

this has nothing to do with the pads but can you apply UPP right after AIO? and also i have natty`s and i was wondering if there would be a difference in outcome if you used either a quick wax like meg`s nxt gen booster wax or a quick detailer spray as a wetting agent instead of water?:confused:

Scottwax
12-10-2004, 10:57 PM
I wouldn`t use the cutting pad unless absolutely necessary. The Meguiars burgandy pads can leave some hazing when used with a PC, it is really meant for rotary use. It will remove deeper defect though if needed, just be aware you will have to polish the hazing out.

I`d go with polishing pads on all products. The only time I use a finishing pad is when applying non-cleaning/abrasive last step products. NXT Tech Wax and AIO work great via polishing pads.

You can apply UPP right after using AIO.

If I am dampening an applicator pad, I either use water, or the specific QD of that product line.