PDA

View Full Version : milky looking appearance

Graphfixz
12-10-2004, 05:18 PM
HI Guys,

I am trying to detail my wife`s car that has been neglected for many, many years. It has heavy oxidation... HEAVY OXIDATION! :argue

I have got it down to a nice shine, however there are spots that look kind of `milky`. If you look really close you see allot of small scratches that make it look `milky` under the shine. How can I remove these scratches?

I have no PC! :nixweiss and No money for a PC! :nono (if you know what I mean)

Thanks in advance!

Also I have Meg`s Crystal Paint Cleaner, Clay, Glaze, Detailing Spray, M3 Scratch/Swirl Remover and a little $14 buck buffer.

MongooseGA
12-10-2004, 05:40 PM
You might try some Klasse All-in-One with a microfiber applicator pad. IIRC, microfiber applicater pads were the ones with the most `cut`.

raymond_ho2002
12-10-2004, 06:03 PM
The best product for me has been vanilla moose with a foam applicator. It has the best glazing effect i`ve ever seen, and yes, it`s only temporary, but it lasts for about a month, which is pretty good.

wash-girl
12-10-2004, 07:36 PM
As always, a picture would help, if you have the ability to post one. What you are describing could be heavy oxidation, but it also sounds like it may be the beginning of clearcoat failure. If it is CC failure (certainly a possibility with a heavily neglected car), you will definitely become frustrated trying to fix it with polish and wax.