PDA

View Full Version : Klasse VLRP Cleaner Protectant

beastie
12-10-2004, 01:09 PM
I received a package from Autopia that included the Klasse Vinyl Leather Rubber Plastic Cleaner Protectant (VLRP). I`ve been using 303 and Vinylex on my interior plastics. NXT Tech Protectant is my tire dressing on choice at this moment (also like 303 and Vinylex, depending on my whims). It has been raining so I figured I`d mess with my interior on the old `91 LandCruiser. I had previously used TOTL`s vinyl cleaner followed by 303 on it. I wiped off the dust with a mf towel and applied some VLRP on the dash. It gave a semi-gloss finish very similar to 303. It darkened the tan dash a bit. The dash didn`t get an oily feel to it. It also had a chemical smell that was evident but not overpowering.

Now here`s what stood out. The ashtray had a black plastic front plate that was definitely faded to a brown color. Neither the TOTL cleaner nor 303 did anything to change its appearance. I decided to try the VLRP on it and, BAHM!!!, it was back to black.

This is just a preliminary finding. I still have to see how it will do with exterior trim (the main reason I bought this), tires and the convertible top on my Miata. It`s raining so I`ll have to do a follow-up. So far, it looks good on my SUV`s interior.

tangix2001
12-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Post some pics please.:)

beastie
12-10-2004, 02:11 PM
I missed another photo opportunity. The hand brake handle on the LandCruiser was gouged and pockmarked with deep scratches. In the scratches, the plastic was whitish in color. I wiped with the VLRP and got the color back.

I initially applied the VLRP in linear strokes on the dash. When I came back 2 hours later, there was streaking. I reapplied but this time, I did it in circular strokes. It seems to distribute the stuff more evenly. Also, the low gloss has remained very similar to my favorite 303. I will report back in a couple of hours.

AkronSi
12-13-2004, 08:26 AM
I really like the VLRP. I put it into a small spray bottle, and spray it onto the applicator pad. That really seems to help keep it even. After I apply it to the entire interior, I come back around and buff it off. I`m not a huge fan of the smell, but at least it isn`t too strong.

holland_patrick
12-13-2004, 08:49 AM
Ohh I get to use this again...

:showpics

well it`s not really that bad keep us updated..

beastie
12-13-2004, 09:46 PM
I`m actually giving the VLRP some time to see if the results I got were temporary or long-lived. The black faded ashtray front plate has gone back to the brown look but not as bad as before. The brake handle was not as dark looking and some of the whitish blemishes are creeping back. Yes, I`ll get pics but patience is a virtue in this instance. The issues I mentioned above are moot if the car is fairly new and in good shape.

beastie
12-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Check out the pics of VLRP on my Miata tires, top and interior. I found that it is less glossy than even 303.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=6154&cat=500&thumb=1