PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle advanced swirl remover users?

T. Perinne
12-10-2004, 12:30 PM
I`m going to be working on a couple panels tomorrow that still have some swirling on them from the paint shop`s wetsand and buff. I was going to use my 3M PI-III MG that I like so well but remembered I have the two new Pinnacle swirl removers. Has anybody had a chance to use these any more since they were released? I haven`t really seen much mention. My only reservation is the harshness of the Advanced. Trying it on my truck was ok but I`m not sure what it will do on the Mustang`s new black paint.

Will it mar?

Is it somewhat paintshop safe (paint is a little over two months old)?

Some of these swirls look stubborn but the Mustang is my pride and joy - I don`t want to take a step backwards if the Advanced swirl remover is going to do more harm.

madazskunk
12-10-2004, 02:27 PM
I`ve used both once each on seperate occasions. They are both heavy in fillers. The advanced swirl remover was decent I would say maybe a little more agressive than dacp or 1z pp. I need to go over it with something milder though as I noticed the hazing(maybe from user error though) after the fillers wore off. It did take out alot of the microscratches I got from a big tree branch falling on my black trailblazer, Some of the bigger scratches need to either gone over again or have a more aggressive combo used. My truck looked almost perfect after the initial polish though.

MattZ28
12-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Neither of the Pinnacle Swirl Removers contain fillers. They work most efficient when used with a polisher. The abrasives need time to break down.

You may have some slight marring after using the Advanced Swirl Remover, but that`s nothing the Swirl Remover can`t fix ;)

It will be fine on your Mustang`s new paint.

FWIW, I only had slight marring after the Advanced on an old, soft single stage paint job, but none on my clearcoated Z28`s paint.

madazskunk
12-11-2004, 09:16 PM
I disagree that they don`t contain fillers, because my car looked almost perfect for about two weeks. Now I see some of the bigger scratches and hazing.