PDA

View Full Version : What are the biggest misinfos & misbeliefs?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Bence
12-10-2004, 10:32 AM
For all pros, vendors, sponsors, etc.!

What are the biggest misbeliefs, misinfos & BSs you (we) can read on the detailing forums?

Recently, on more than one threads we could read about such `mis-things`. Opinions?

Think of product usage, application, protection evaluation, technique... - generally every aspect of our enthusiasm!

tpgsr
12-10-2004, 02:50 PM
The biggest mis info and ````` tale are the "miracle" products that can wash polish and protect, and not need waxing for 10 years. I hate companies that make stupid claims like that. Oh oh and teflon in products... that bugs the *beep* out of me too!!

dcswd
12-10-2004, 03:02 PM
I definitely agree with the miracle products.

Id also add that most people think household products are great for cleaning a car. Such as:

dishwashing soap for every wash... cuts the grease right?

various scouring pads... to remove bird poo and so on

regular windex for cleaning all glass....

Scottwax
12-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Teflon.

SilverLexus
12-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Nufinish. :)

LouisanaJeeper
12-10-2004, 06:40 PM
you cannot wax a new factory paint job

stealership $900 sealants

windex is a good QD for paint

you need 3oz liquid wax to wax a car, put it on extra thick and let it sit for a couple days while you drive around

tpgsr
12-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

you need 3oz liquid wax to wax a car, put it on extra thick and let it sit for a couple days while you drive around

this reminds me of the picture Scott posted of his neighbors truck covered in a "shell" of TW :lol: :lol:

JustinR32
12-10-2004, 09:49 PM
That the brand of product you choose is anything other than a personal preference.

That product is more important than process.

Tom

Scottwax
12-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by tpgsr

this reminds me of the picture Scott posted of his neighbors truck covered in a "shell" of TW :lol: :lol:

http://scottwax.com/rice/Oh_no.htm

:lol

salty
12-11-2004, 10:56 AM
That new car salesman say you don`t have to wax because it has a clear coat. And then try to sell them a $500 sealant.

Superior Shine
12-11-2004, 05:06 PM
washing your ride

is OK with dawn.

wifehatescar
12-11-2004, 08:31 PM
I hate when people are under the understanding most waxes last for about a year, so why do they need a detail more frequently than that?

White95Max
12-11-2004, 08:57 PM
this reminds me of the picture Scott posted of his neighbor`s truck covered in a "shell" of TW

I just saw an Intrigue a couple days ago with a thick layer of wax sitting on the paint while he drove it around. And it was sunny too. I bet it was fun to remove (if he has removed it yet).

That new car salesmen say you don`t have to wax because it has a clear coat.

Yeah I had a neighbor that thought like that. Always told me that I`m wasting my time waxing because the paint gets all the protection it needs from the clearcoat. :rolleyes:

Scottwax
12-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by wifehatescar

I hate when people are under the understanding most waxes last for about a year, so why do they need a detail more frequently than that?

No kidding.

The people asking if I can handle their `special` Cadillac paint irritate me too. I just casually pull out my photo album with Rolls, Bentleys, S Class, etc and they get the point. BTW, I get this question at least a couple times a year. The color might be special and limited to Cadillacs, but it is still just paint.

usdm
12-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

No kidding.

The people asking if I can handle their `special` Cadillac paint irritate me too............The color might be special and limited to Cadillacs, but it is still just paint.

Preach brutha, preach!!!!!!:D