PDA

View Full Version : klasse sg or poorboys ex-p on top of aio?

andrew300
12-09-2004, 11:58 PM
i have klasse sg and it works pretty good on top of aio. i am not really concerned about protection as i will reseal and wax alot but i am mostly concerned about the look. how does the look of klasse sg vs poorboys ex or ex-p look on a black vehicle? i like the deep wet look, not the shiny look or salad dressing look. i top it with souveran so that makes a lot of a difference but i was just wondering. also would i have to apply 3 coats of ex-p as i do with sg to get desired results? and would i have to let it cure as long as sg? never used poorboys but i have heard great things and i think i will try out their ssr line and maybe their sealant line and their qd. what you guys think?

rrcvc
12-10-2004, 10:50 AM
i would like to know too!!!! i to have a black car and would like to use the same products

gearhead
12-10-2004, 11:36 AM
I prefer the look of EX on AIO over that of SG on AIO on my wife`s black Lexus. Deeper and wetter looking. Never tried EX-P but I believe others have recommended EX on dark colors. Souveran over EX will probably look fantastic!

2wheelsx2
12-10-2004, 11:40 AM
I would throw in a different candidate if you don`t want SG on top of AIO. I would use 4star UPP. That`s a killer combo.

andrew300
12-10-2004, 02:44 PM
ok, leaning towards ex or ex-p now.....whats the different on them on black cars? doesnt one have caranuba and one doesnt? which one should i go with?

andrew300
12-10-2004, 08:56 PM
well if i get poorboys it will be the ex as i found the differences but either people like it or they hate it and im a little skeptical and all around most people like sg. so anyone else have any advise? if not ill stick with my sg

Thomas Dekany
12-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by manawar

ok, leaning towards ex or ex-p now.....whats the different on them on black cars? doesnt one have caranuba and one doesnt? which one should i go with?

I think that you should experiment & take pictures for us to see and your thoughts on each combo. That is the best way to learn. :D

Scottwax
12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
I prefer EX on black instead of EX-P. Both look good but EX-P on black does have a kind of wet glass look while EX is deeper and richer looking.

gto78
12-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by manawar

well if i get poorboys it will be the ex as i found the differences but either people like it or they hate it and im a little skeptical and all around most people like sg. so anyone else have any advise? if not ill stick with my sg

I`ve use the SG a few times, and the results are ok by hand, but when applied with a finishing pad......:xyxthumbs wow, unbelievable. My car is red, so maybe that makes a difference, and the sun was setting when I finished. But all the work was well worth it to me. I always top that with ex-p but maybe I should switch? I like ex-p because I need long lasting sealant in our heat.

audipower
12-11-2004, 12:03 AM
SG!!!!!!! SG will last for 6 months. SG is engineered for use with AIO and it gives longevity. Especially mirror like shine and flatness. Make it great for adding a 100% pure carniba wax. It`s by far the most important thing you can put on your car (AIO&SG). It makes dark color, metalic paints look like a mirror and feel like cashmire. A must! I know carnuba will vaporate in 130oF metal temp or 80o in direct sunlight. I know P21S will last I believe to 180oF metal temp. SG is great because it attaches to your paint and carnubas do not. So when the carnuba melts and dirt starts getting on the car the SG is there to protect it. Check link below on a great Thread by TOGWT about shine and long lasting shine.

Something you must do when you apply it is let it sit for 24 hrs so it cures. It will be completely dry and then you can buff off. I love using the contours buffing towel, works great. SG is great for multi coats. I have 5 coats on my Audi and I have a customer that has 8 coats.

Agree with GTO78 apply it with a finishing pad. Disagree with Gto SG will last in high heat longer than EX-P. SG has chemicals that makes it sustain to higher temps that other polymers and is protected by patents. I got to Scotsdale Arizona to auctions and to see family. When I get in discussions with them about applications they always say Klasse SG.

I`ve used it for 4 years and we get nasty winters and humid summers it doesn`t faze Klasse. For instance, one time 4 years ago we got 12 inches as soon as the snow melted I went to a car wash and used just the wand with soap and hot water and the salt just rolled off. I couldn`t believe it! That`s when I new how great it was.