PDA

View Full Version : suede

shaunthebadboy
12-09-2004, 05:09 PM
in the near future i will be doing a 2004 subaru wrx sti. this guy wants a full interior/exterior detail and my question is: what are the best products(cleaner,protector..stc) to use on suede sets and door inserts? i have never messed with suede seats and was wondering what everyone else uses on these seats when they do a car with them.

thanks

imported_WCD
12-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Are they dirty? I think detailers tend to grab their upholstery cleaner too often before looking over the area to be cleaned. It`s a 2004 and an mf towel with just a tad of water may be all you need.

Rob

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-10-2004, 04:49 AM
Sounds like Rob has got the right idea. Keep it simple. If the suede is not soiled then you could probably just brush the suede to give it a good looking appearance.

Vincent Vega
12-10-2004, 07:48 AM
I did the suede on a neglected 1988 Reatta this fall. I used KIWI suede cleaner for shoes, a suede `eraser`, and a nap brush. I thought it was going to be a lost cause because the suede was shiny in a few places. I had nothing to lose. It turned out amazingly well. I was able to raise the nap in all but the very worst spots. The color was somewhat restored. (Being untreated leather there was no way I was going to fully restore the color.) It took some time. The suede eraser was pretty effective. Good Luck!

MongooseGA
12-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Is the woolite mixture safe on sude/alcantara(sp?) ?

My mom`s car has it (not sure if it`s actual sude or not) and I need something to clean it as well.

tpgsr
12-10-2004, 02:48 PM
The WRX is not actually suede, it is alcantara. Regardless i have done several vehicles with alcantara and suede seats, and from my experience, and from my phone conversations with Recaro (they make the $1k suede racing seats) The best thing to clean it with is a towel and minimal ammounts of water. Then you brush it with a stiff but soft bristled brush to bring the nap up.

shaunthebadboy
12-11-2004, 09:22 PM
thanks guys. the owner told me suede seats (hes only 18) and i just took his word for it. sounds like ill just use an mf towel with water and soft brush

imported_hadboosttroy
12-12-2004, 12:06 AM
a 18 year old with a 04 sti who PAYS for details. man whats his secret :)

shaunthebadboy
12-12-2004, 05:22 PM
mom and dad have $$$