PDA

View Full Version : Woolite Questions..

joshcaro
12-08-2004, 10:59 PM
I have a few questions on the Woolite Mix..

First all today I was in Walmart with all intentions on picking up some Woolite to clean my leather. Well I got there and there were about 6 different bottles of Woolite this and Woolite that so I didnt get anything. Then I found out to just get Woolite for Dark Laundry...

Now the questions..

1) What is the dilution to clean carpet?

2) Does this dilution of Water/Woolite pretty much turn this into an all purpose cleaner?

3) Has anyone tried to use this mixture on something like grease or brake dust?

4) Has anyone used this to clean the TIRES?

Thanks guys.

chaotik
12-09-2004, 02:30 AM
You just want the normal Woolite (white bottle with a pink and blue label......not sure what the differences are with the one for dark colors.

1:6 is the dilution of Woolite to water and is the mixture most use to clean carpets, vinyl, leather, etc.

Not sure if it would cut brake dust...it is a gentle but effective cleaner. Hey...go out and try it.....might work..might not....but a cheap experiment at that!!

BillNorth
12-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Don`t use it on interior carpet. It will suds up too much and leave too much residue behind. You won`t be happy. I know I wasn`t. Use a dedicated carpet cleaner. My choice would the one made by 303. No sudsing, and no residue. Its a good no nonsense carpet cleaner.

togwt
12-10-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by BillNorth

Don`t use it on interior carpet. It will suds up too much and leave too much residue behind. You won`t be happy. I know I wasn`t. Use a dedicated carpet cleaner. My choice would the one made by 303. No sudsing, and no residue. Its a good no nonsense carpet cleaner.

:xyxthumbs

One-step Products:

Because of the inherent problems with cleaning chemicals single-step products have a history of being either too alkaline or acidic. Cleaning the verity of differing materials in vehicles (carpets, fabrics, leather, plastic, aluminium etc) as well as the multitude of differing stains require very different and often incompatible formulas, and require separate and specific products for a thorough job.

JonM

imported_Larry A
12-10-2004, 08:06 AM
The idea of using woolite is for light duty cleaning, you should not soak the carpets with woolite, if you do you will get a lot of suds. You should spray on a mist of the woolite solution , scrub with a brush or a bug sponge( dobie sponge ) and wipe with a terry towel. On spots that are not to dirty the terry towel will be enough. If you use to much water you will need a wet vac to get the water out . Use the least amount of water to do the job.

imported_Larry A
12-10-2004, 08:12 AM
If the carpets are very dirty you may have to soak them to clean them but keep in mind that it will take a long time to dry and the chance of getting a mold smell is greater. Most people are better off if they just use spray foam like Tuff Stuff or Prestone. It does a great job and less chance of soaking carpets.

BillNorth
12-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Just to clarify, I tested it on the mats first. They needed a nice cleaning. I ended up blasting them with the garden hose to get all the suds out. That`s when I went back to 303 for the interior.

And for the record, Woolite without water is useless as a cleaner. Water is needed so the woolite can do its job. When you wash your clothes in the machine with woolite, do you skip the water? I know I don`t.

googledude
12-10-2004, 11:20 AM

When you wash your clothes in the machine with woolite, do you skip the water? I know I don`t.

I do it all the time, works GREAT.

JUST KIDDING! Good way to get the point across though!:xyxthumbs

imported_Larry A
12-10-2004, 03:38 PM

Just to clarify, I tested it on the mats first. They needed a nice cleaning. I ended up blasting them with the garden hose to get all the suds out. That`s when I went back to 303 for the interior.

And for the record, Woolite without water is useless as a cleaner. Water is needed so the woolite can do its job. When you wash your clothes in the machine with woolite, do you skip the water? I know I don`t. I didnt mean woolite without water , I ment woolite and water 6 to 1 solution .

Pondscum
12-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by lawrencea

I didnt mean woolite without water , I ment woolite and water 6 to 1 solution .

I thought it was 1 part woolite to 6 parts water.

imported_Larry A
12-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Yes 1 part woolite , 6 parts water