PDA

View Full Version : Polishing

rundatrack
11-08-2004, 02:10 PM
I wanted to know if anyone here does polishing as a part of there detailing...I mean getting a set of rims and polishing...not reconditioning...getting a set of rims that are flat gray..and lets say polishing the lip shiny?

Beemerboy
11-08-2004, 02:25 PM
I do aluminum polishing for non clear coated rims. The steel rims I have never polished out with any success, the metal is never that great also it will rust quite quickly. I think that`s what you are asking, right?

rundatrack
11-08-2004, 02:27 PM
I do aluminum polishing for non clear coated rims. The steel rims I have never polished out with any success, the metal is never that great also it will rust quite quickly. I think that`s what you are asking, right?

Any special machine that you use?

What are the steps for someone that wants to polish a rims that has been painted.....

Scuff paint then what?....and what products...?

Edwa
11-08-2004, 03:09 PM
What are the rims made out of? pics?

Beemerboy
11-08-2004, 03:37 PM
For rims that are painted I would use light cut compound if they are dull. If they have some shine then I would use polish on them.
I would also like to know if these are clear coated, if they are rub them with some poilsih and see if the color comes off on the rag. If it does that means that they are not so compounds and polish will bring back teh luster. Then I would use a sealant to protect.

For polish/compounds and sealants visit the sponsors of this site they all can help you get the right stuff