PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars buffing pad issues

JAGOWNER1981
12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
So I am detailing a friends 02 Black E430 and about to finish my final polishing stage and had to change the buffing pad to the finishing pad. This is the fourth time I had used this polishing pad and really like it. So I go to peel the pad off the backing plate and it comes off but the backing material was still on the buffer! Of all the times I have detailed this has never happened with any of my lake country pads! I am very dissapointed with the meguiars pads.

scottabir
12-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Give megs a call they should take care of it for you.

I have never had a megs pad do that before. I use mostly megs pads with the rotary.

Accumulator
12-08-2004, 11:19 AM
AlBoston- I`m guessing you`re using a PC. Meg`s pads are *really* designed for use on an rotary, which stresses the velcro/adhesive differently. This comes up from time to time and Meg`s usually makes good on it. I thought they were gonna correct this, maybe you have some older pads.

Scottwax
12-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Accumulator is right. Meguiars pad`s adhesive holds together fine if you keep the speed at 5 or under regularly with the PC. It seems when you regularly use it on 6 and use products with PDs in them, the combination seems to loosen the adhesive. I`ve noticed the latest batch I bought don`t have this issue like the first set I bought.

You might want to try Patrick`s pads at www.exceldetail.com since the backing extends almost to the edge of the pads...and they are only $7.25 each. ;)