PDA

View Full Version : HORROR Show!!!!!!

stiege
12-07-2004, 09:32 AM
I had the opportunity to attend the grand opening of the new Maserati dealership in NYC last Friday night. The showroom is gorgeous, the cars are awesome (I especially like the Quattroporte) and the models they had draped over the cars were very pleasing to look at too.

The horror was the condition of the paint. They had halogen pinspots on the cars that really brought out the swirls, dust and most egregiously, FINGER and HANDPRINTS on the paint.

As I chatted with the president/ceo and vp marketing of Ferrari NA, it was all I could do not to tell them to get one of the girls on the cars to grab a bottle of qd and a mf cloth and get busy.

Yikes.

Jason

SilverLexus
12-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Jason,

I saw the same thing at the 2004 Atlanta Auto Show. They had low end detailers running around QDing the cars with a rough cotton terry cloth and cheapo QD and they were swirling the cars. A black Lamborghini at $200K had more swirls than I have ever seen.

I wanted to run home, grab the PC and some SSR2.5!

A car with a fine Italian paint job should be treated better plain and simple.

stiege
12-07-2004, 09:44 AM
I was at the private aviation show in vegas a couple of months ago and the Piaggio (owned by Ferrari) booth was displaying an Enzo along side a Quattroporte. The red paint on the Enzo was a nightmare. My wife`s Passat has better paint after a couple of hours of work.

Jason

endus
12-07-2004, 10:56 AM
I talked to the detailer at one of the Ferrari shops around here awhile ago and he was telling me the paint on those cars is reeeeeaallly thin and that you had to be very careful detailing them. then again, he was using a blade to dry them and non-boutique level products....I was like dude you need me to come in here and show you what`s up... :D

endus
12-07-2004, 10:59 AM
I also happened upon a Parking lot full of Ferraris in the city once. I would say about half had Autopia level details. Hard to believe that cars people are only putting a couple thousand miles a year on at most aren`t beautifully detailed. My Max is daily driven and sits outside all year and it looks better than some of those cars (okay, I guess I mean the paint is in better shape than those cars). If I had a garage queen it would be freakin immaculate...