PDA

View Full Version : #66 Quick Detailer Wax

Alfisti
12-07-2004, 05:31 AM
Has anyone had experience in using #66? What`s it like to use? Any observations?

I ask because I just bought a gallon cheap off eBay and would like to be more familiar with it before it arrives and use it. :confused:

Shane.belzers
02-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Gunna post here vs make a new one.

Trying some of this out for our high volume used cars, seems like a really good wax. My question is what kind of longevity can one expect from this wax. And also what kind of waxes (natural or synthetic) does it contain, cant find anything on the web..

Thanks

Dan
02-08-2013, 09:02 AM
It is still one of my favorites, perfect for totally trashed cars. Very strong cleaners, decent cut on medium to soft paint and plenty of fillers.

Durability stinks though, you are lucky to get six weeks out of it.

C. Charles Hahn
02-08-2013, 05:12 PM
#66 is decent stuff.... basically it`s the predecessor to D151, when Meguiar`s was engineering with DAT instead of SMAT abrasives.

Shane.belzers
02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I got a chance to use it on 2 cars last night. A black silverado and cherry sorento both used cars for our lot. One of my guys had waxed half the sorento before i could give him the #66 to try so that one got a nice 50/50 comparison. The part with #66 had a nice gloss, deep richness to it. Felt really good too. That car received no polishing just paint prep(clay) The silverado got hit with UNO all the way around. After the #66 the paint looked really nice. My only concern is durability because im thinking of using the wax for our used car inventory and possibly our wash/wax stuff..