PDA

View Full Version : Something fishy goin on...

Pages : [1] 2 3

White95Max
12-05-2004, 11:10 PM
http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/Fish_-_E.jpg

That`s my cousin holding one of the 5 salmon we caught. Face removed...

So anyway, how do I get fish semen out of my trunk liner?

Yeah you heard right. My cousin held the fish too close to my open trunk. The fish spewed all over the bumper and trunk interior. I took care of the bumper right away by dumping a bottle of water on it, then QDed it. But the trunk liner kinda soaked it in.

I haven`t tried anything yet...any of you professionals ever encounter something like this?

I did already wipe off as much as I could...it`s just a stain now.

EDIT: I just came to revisit an old thread, and noticed that the picture was gone. So I re-inserted the picture. It sucked at the time, but I still get a good chuckle every time I read this thread. :)

Scottwax
12-05-2004, 11:29 PM
:lol I can`t stop laughing!

Maybe some all purpose cleaner and some spermicide?

scottabir
12-06-2004, 04:12 AM
ummm I would try whatever clinton didnt try...ok seriously apc+oxyclean might work out good for you. followed up by extracting the carpets.

Maybe a decent enzyme cleaner will work.

gkerr4
12-06-2004, 06:52 AM
I would have to say - go to a Nissan Dealer and order a new one!

I honestly don`t think you will ever get rid of a smell like that - and it`ll always be in your head - get a price for a new one - you may be surprised if it is just a few bucks - then replace it.

sorry - can`t think of anything else!

klnyc
12-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Haha I only see red [X] :(

SK2003TypeS
12-06-2004, 07:41 AM
I`d just get a new liner. And then a weather tech liner. I have one for the trunk, holds up great for winter use (ski boots, etc.)

RedondoV6
12-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Dang! Wish I had been there to see it happen! :rofl

There`s a detailing problem you do not hear about every day!

Seriously, I`d remove the liner and as previously suggested, use an enzyme based cleaner, finishing by hosing the liner down. If your liner has the felt type backing attached, pat it dry using a few old terry towels or it will take forever to dry.

Good luck! :)

paco
12-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by scottabir

ummm I would try whatever clinton didnt try...ok seriously apc+oxyclean might work out good for you. followed up by extracting the carpets.

Maybe a decent enzyme cleaner will work.

I was thinking along the same lines but in the opposite direction.

Stay away from whatever Clinton used .... :cool:

By the way, thanks a lot for me making howl at work ... several people stopped by my office and asked what the hell was so funny! :o

White95Max
12-06-2004, 08:59 AM
OK the pic should work now. I accidentally deleted it from my CarDomain site after posting it here.

BTW, I SOAKED the area (everything within 6 inches of any spots) with Detailer`s Pride Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, let it sit for several minutes, and then took a terry cloth towel soaked in hot water and OxiClean and scrubbed it for a while. Then I rinsed the area with a 5 gallon bucket of water. (hehe...to make sure it was COMPLETELY rinsed).

I then proceeded to the garbage can...the final resting place for that terry cloth. :)

It`s sitting out in the rain now, with no visible spots. We`ll see if the stains reappear when it`s dry.

That same method worked well for dog puke stains in my bedroom carpet, so I figured I`d try it here. It seems to have worked.

BTW, the salmon was tasty. :D

White95Max
12-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by paco

By the way, thanks a lot for me making howl at work ... several people stopped by my office and asked what the hell was so funny! :o

Whatever I can do to make your day a little easier. :wavey

Don
12-07-2004, 03:50 AM
Nice fish...good catch. But as for the rest...it looks like you`ve been :sign by the salmon :rofl

jfelbab
12-07-2004, 06:19 AM
If your cleaners haven`t removed the odor lemon juice will.

I`ve done a lot of salmon fishing and lemon juice removes the fish odor from anything including your hands and clothing.

HotRodGuy
12-07-2004, 12:29 PM
haha, hilarious

but why did you block out his face :confused:

crobinso
12-07-2004, 12:44 PM
ROTFL!!! :rofl Haw haw haw haw haw [wheeze] [gasp]

I can`t stop laughing, either. YOU`VE BEEN VIOLATED! ah hahaha

[gasp] I`m sorry...

Have you tried calling Monica to ask how she got the stain out of her dress? Yuk yuk yuk yuk [choke]

Be careful, that stuff might have MERCURY in it! (Fish/pollution/mercury in fish/, get it?) LOL LOL LOL

Okay, I`m alright now. Try scrubbing it with some good old APC and a brush, later, rinse, repeat.

A coupla years ago, I had to remove the odor of chicken from my trunk when the box of iced chicken legs melted. The stink was awful until I used the method described above. When the trunk dried, I then sprayed a half a can of Lysol onto the stain. Smell - gone!

Charles

Scottwax
12-07-2004, 10:22 PM
I`m not even going to touch the `the salmon was tasty` comment! :lol