PDA

View Full Version : Zaino for everything Exterior, interior, Tires & Wheels

abc
11-07-2004, 07:53 PM
What is recommended for interior detailing on a C-6 Corvette?
Ditto for the wheels and tires?

How does the Zaino Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit for $116.95 rate?

It has all products of Zaino minus:

Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish
Z-14 Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish.

Anyone here try that kit?

After reviewing the Zaino site the 2 package deals:
Zaino Total Protection Show Kit for $84.70
Zaino Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit for $116.95

These are not discounted deals or any different than buying each product seperate other than shipping fees which would be a one time thing if you bought everything in one shipment.

Besides as package deals they don`t include:
Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish
Z-14 Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish
both of which I need.

:ticked Which kit do I get or should I buy everything thing there separately in one order plus one shipping fee? :fart

:notpossib

BookemDano
11-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Tough call. I`ve placed about five orders with them. :nono First I started with Z5, ZFX, and Z7 wash. Then realizing my mistake I ordered Z2 + Z6 too. Then some plastic cleaner. And leather conditioner.

I`m happy with all of their producs so far. (Haven`t had a chance to use the plastic cleaner yet.) It would have been better just to order the whole batch.

At minimum, I`d get the smaller kit. I started small because I wasn`t sure I`d like the products. FYI, tonight I just placed an order for more Z6(2), Z7(4) and Z16(2) to make the shipping worthwhile.

Regards,

Dan.

abc
11-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Tough call. I`ve placed about five orders with them. :nono First I started with Z5, ZFX, and Z7 wash. Then realizing my mistake I ordered Z2 + Z6 too. Then some plastic cleaner. And leather conditioner.

I`m happy with all of their producs so far. (Haven`t had a chance to use the plastic cleaner yet.) It would have been better just to order the whole batch.

At minimum, I`d get the smaller kit. I started small because I wasn`t sure I`d like the products. FYI, tonight I just placed an order for more Z6(2), Z7(4) and Z16(2) to make the shipping worthwhile.

Regards,

Dan.
These products don`t get used up fast do they or come in small amounts? Also how good are the tire cleaner and the leather cleaners and protectants?
I need to get that plastic cleaner as I understand it will remove scratches that I have on my speedometer.
The prices are the same I noticed for each item and that goes for the kits too so I guess the thing here is to save $$$$ on shipping. You can buy all the products separately at one time so you do get the glass polish and the plastic cleaner. Or buy the Ultimate protection show car kit and buy the missing items the glass cleaner and the plastic cleaner above. It still ends up being the same price. :notpossib

BookemDano
11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
ZFX, Z2 and Z5 are used in very small amounts. I`m a spend-thrift when it comes to application. I find that applying Z2 and Z5 with an LC red pad allows me to get a very smooth, even layer. The downside is that I use more product. So, while some people can get three to four coats of Z2 or Z5 with one ounce of product, I only get two coats. But that`s fine by me.

By applying a couple of coats of of Z2 or Z5 every 4-6 months, I expect it to last at least another 12 to 18 months. In other words, I think it`s cost effective.

Z16 is a tire gloss, not a cleaner. As a tire gloss, it`s great. It has a nice satin sheen that lasts about two weeks here in Seattle (with lots of rain). I use an Eagle 1 curved foam applicator to apply Z16. It works better than anything else I`ve found.

Regarding the plastic polish, I`d be careful about polishing out scratches on speedo plastic. That would make me nervous.

Regards,

Dan.

abc
11-09-2004, 02:34 AM
ZFX, Z2 and Z5 are used in very small amounts. I`m a spend-thrift when it comes to application. I find that applying Z2 and Z5 with an LC red pad allows me to get a very smooth, even layer. The downside is that I use more product. So, while some people can get three to four coats of Z2 or Z5 with one ounce of product, I only get two coats. But that`s fine by me.

By applying a couple of coats of of Z2 or Z5 every 4-6 months, I expect it to last at least another 12 to 18 months. In other words, I think it`s cost effective.

Z16 is a tire gloss, not a cleaner. As a tire gloss, it`s great. It has a nice satin sheen that lasts about two weeks here in Seattle (with lots of rain). I use an Eagle 1 curved foam applicator to apply Z16. It works better than anything else I`ve found.

Regarding the plastic polish, I`d be careful about polishing out scratches on speedo plastic. That would make me nervous.

Regards,

Dan.
Too late already have lots of scratches on plastic speedo cover.

abc
11-09-2004, 02:35 AM
Actually if you buy the Ultimate protection show car package and those two bottles of Z-12 and z-14 you then would have all of the Zaino products to the tune of $140 odd dollars give or take. :notpossib