PDA

View Full Version : Stripe Question

hftw Audi 6
12-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Ok here is the question, i have been detailing lightly for about a year and a half and just started reeally getting into it but i am about to do my first vehicle that has pint stripes (if thats how you spell it) are there any precautions i should be taking b 4 going to work on any vehicle with pint stripes.

And another questrion does anyone know of any gloves that are able to be used for detailing in the cold weather and keeping your hands warm, cause washing my car in like 40* weather is starting to hurt! lol :o

bunker
12-04-2004, 03:14 PM
It all depends on the type of pin stripes the car has. Most car manufacures us a pin striping tape, but aftermarket pin stripes are actually painted on.

When dealing with tape, be careful when claying the area. Rub the clay in the direction of the stripes. This prevents clay from lodging in the crack betweenthe tape and the paint. (it`ll help prevent lifting of the tape also.

If the stripes are paint, go easy with the polishes.

Either situation, slow down and use light pressures around the striping and you`ll do fine.

Good luck.

:xyxthumbs

hftw Audi 6
12-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Yea it`s my moms truck actually it`s an envoy and yes there are painted on. Thanx for your help

bunker
12-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Sorry, I can`t help you with the gloves....I live in the desert.

Nice slogan BTW

hftw Audi 6
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
thanx, yea i want to find a good pair of gloves cause these 45* days r killing me!

zzyyzx
12-08-2004, 06:54 AM
There`s a full post out there right now on Gloves alone. Do a search and you`ll see all the different ideas people have been using.

saltydog
12-08-2004, 08:09 AM
neoprene gloves from west marine work well, also for kayaking, so I get double the use out of them.