PDA

View Full Version : Car returned from Body Shop w/ Halograms on Hood

imported_topnotch
12-03-2004, 04:17 PM
I have never really worked w/ removing rotary swirls b/c I have never really created any, well I have but not recently. I have Menzerna final polish II, if I use this with a white pad w/ my PC will if be effective. I tried it a bit before but I was in a rush with ok results. What else can I use. Thanks in advance. I guess I am just being xtra nervous

Scottwax
12-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Without actually seeing the holograms, it is impossible to say what products you should start with. Usually, the swirls aren`t too deep, so a good swirl remover can handle removing them. Deeper swirls need stronger products though.

imported_topnotch
12-03-2004, 04:59 PM
from what I have read on the forum I guess I can use Menzerna IP then followed by FP both with white pads. They were really bad but I brought them down to where they are not really noticeable. and that was with a LC white pad w/ FP. I will work on it tomorrow and see how it goes.

acl99
12-03-2004, 05:34 PM
If your getting improvements with FP, just do a couple of passes with it and you should be fine.

imported_Burlyq
12-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Use IP with a white pad. FPII is really a finishing pad product, I use these all the time.

imported_topnotch
12-06-2004, 08:09 PM
I went over it with Ip with the rotary with a white pad and then finished with the PC with Fp. Seemed to work ok. Do to some poor lighting I have to work a spot here or there. Overall I am begining to be somewhat satisfied. Thanks for all the help