PDA

View Full Version : please recomend me a glass cleaner thats safe for tinted windows?

Pages : [1] 2

andrew300
12-02-2004, 07:21 PM
i need something for a new car. i will do the windows every wash so i dont need anything too strong as the windows wont be that dirty. i want an invisible look that doesnt leave streaks? i was going to get the stoners ig but i saw that it is aerosol and that concerned me. what would you recomend for me?

Eliot Ness
12-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by manawar

....... i was going to get the stoners ig but i saw that it is aerosol and that concerned me. .......

What is it about the aerosol that concerns you? I love IG personally, but there are plenty of other good glass cleaners out there.

imported_WCD
12-02-2004, 07:50 PM
I believe Stoners does not contain "Amonia" (sp). It might be Sprayway, now that I think of it.

If you are doing windows each time this is what works for me.

After rinsing and passing with a waffle weave, I go over each window with a mf towel. The towels pick up any left over markings/containment. I really don`t use window cleaner that much.

I know that most quick detailers are perfectly safe and was told by one product company owner that on aftermarket tinted windows he uses his quick detailer.

Rob

NEW AGAIN
12-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Meguairs makes a GOOD glass cleaner also Iused distilled water to dilute

oaevo8u
12-02-2004, 08:31 PM
I love my 1z glass cleaner

smfrycruzr
12-02-2004, 08:35 PM
EO 20/20

White95Max
12-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Sonus Vision is safe for tint. Says so on the bottle, and I used it many times on my tint with great results. Most of the time I just use a damp MF to clean windows, but I wanted to make sure that it would not harm tint so I wouldn`t have any customer complaints.

gto78
12-02-2004, 09:47 PM
I didn`t realize you could use quick detail spray on your windows. just thought it left a clear film that was glossy and would cause glare which of course is scary when driving into the sun.

shaunthebadboy
12-02-2004, 09:50 PM
i like stoners on my tinted windows and the tinted windows of some of my clients. fairly cheap with good results.

White95Max
12-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by gto78

I didn`t realize you could use quick detail spray on your windows. just thought it left a clear film that was glossy and would cause glare which of course is scary when driving into the sun.

Are you referring to the Sonus Vision?

Asonyexec
12-02-2004, 09:58 PM
I have had tinted windows on just about every car I have owned (despite the MV laws here in Calif.) and I have never used any type of product on the "film" side of the window.

At times when I have carted around the nieces & nephews who left their sticky finger prints on the film I have used a small bit of car wash solution diluted in water of course. squirt, wipe, squirt with plain water and wipe down again --- good as new:up I dont think you need to spend money on a window cleaner for that. use the money to buy some KLASSE AIO :xyxthumbs

Personally when I wash my car I go over the film with the "absorber" immation shamy then wipe it down with a towel -- works just fine for everyday cleaning.

hope this helps.

travisdecpn
12-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Stoner`s works well for me

Pondscum
12-03-2004, 06:24 AM
Sprayway is the best stuff, IMO. You can get it for less than $2 at China-mart and it is safe for tinted windows. It is an aerosol foam which I prefer to a squirt on.

imported_kgb
12-03-2004, 06:28 AM
I use Stoner`s as well. Have been for years.

Dtail
12-03-2004, 07:22 AM
I`ve been using my qd`s on my window`s each time i wash my car. I spray and wipe it just the way i do the body. It`ll cause streaks sometimes but a quick buff with a MF takes care of it. I like using qd on my windows because it makes my window feel slick and when it rains it acts like a temporary rain-x.