PDA

View Full Version : hows this process sound for a new 05 m3?

andrew300
12-02-2004, 02:52 PM
let me know if i should change anything or any tips: (this is just for the paint...no interior or wheels or anything

1.wash car w/ high pressure water to remove any contaminents

2. wash car with zaino car wash

4. clay w/ sonus clay and lube

5. wash with 1z perls car wash

6. megs 83 via pc on polishing pad (if needed)

7. megs 80 via pc on polishing pad (if needed)

8. klasse aio via finishing pad on pc

9. klasse sg by hand via wowo method

10. wait 24 hours

11. mf wipedown with zaino z6

12. klasse sg by hand via wowo method

13. wait 24 hours

14. mf wipedown with zaino z6

15. klasse sg by hand via wowo method

16. wait 24 hours

17. mf wipedown with zaino z6

18. pinnacle souveran by hand

19. wait 1 week

20. wash with 1z perls

21. pinnacle souveran by hand

sound good? anything im missing or should leave out? i am getting this baby looking perfect.

Lowejackson
12-02-2004, 02:59 PM
I cannot comment on the Klasse Zaino stages but I would skip stage 3 and go to clay

chillup
12-02-2004, 03:09 PM
On a new `05, I`d think you`d be able to get away with skipping the #80 and #83 entirely. Unless of course you`ve had it dealer "prepped."

raymond_ho2002
12-02-2004, 03:10 PM
be careful with that pressure washer! Clay would remove contaminants better. Just wash regularly, IMO.

you don`t have to wash after claying; I would just use a QD.

you can use any qd for klasse in my experience as long as you avoid those with carnauba such as pinnacle crystal mist and eimann fabrik clear pearl.

You can wash with any soap you want; doesnt matter if you use zaino or perls.

Carl Anderson
12-02-2004, 04:10 PM
My favorite combo to date on my Jet Black 03 M3 is AIO followed by Souveran paste. As preveiously pointed out, unless the dealer washes or screws with the car the 83 and/or 80 will be unnecessary. So 1. wash 2. clay using a diluted washing solution 3. rinse 4. dry 5. AIO applied with a finishing pad 6. Pinnacle Souveran applied with a finishing pad. I found by smearing the wax onto the finishing pad and applying with the Porter Cable I could get a much thinner coat. You can add coats of Souveran PRN (as needed). Personally, I am not so concerned about durability because I repeat the process so often. And I liked the look better when I skipped the multiple coats of SG.

andrew300
12-02-2004, 06:47 PM
yea i was going to use the 80 if the dealer touched my car even though i told them not too prep. the car comes in in a couple of weeks so i havent seen it yet. well carl i might have to take your advice of no sg since you do have a m3. what do you mean you like the look of no sg better? does sg make it more reflective? or more of a wetter look?

NetBoy
12-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Getting ready to do same thing to my 2003 M3.

I`ve got UPP on right now and I wasn`t impressed (compared to Zaino or the Klasse Twins).

When polishing with the PC check your work by using a 50/50 water alcohol to remove the polish then a strong halogen light.

Lamp is a lot easier than chasing sunlight. I`ve seen new BWM off the truck with swirls.

I thought AIO and SG together is the most durable.

I`m not waiting as long between steps and only one coat of SG and wax.

I heard Z6 has extra stuff added so that might affect applying SG over it.

I know Z7 is a strong wash so use it at the beginning.

Accumulator
12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Besides advising you to take it, literally, "in the wrapper", I`d suggest that you use a decontamination system. I`ve been using AutoInt`s ABC but there`s another version from FinishKare. Clay while the acidic step is dwelling. Works *great* in my experience, better than just claying, and I`m pretty picky about what I use on my S8 ;)

Carl Anderson
12-03-2004, 03:34 PM
The first coat of Souveran Paste I applied over AIO about a month ago. Today I did a quick QEW and applied another coat of Souveran, this time by hand.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/4827102_0257-med.jpg