PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Scion. Little Time?!?

Pages : [1] 2

thedarksyde
12-02-2004, 09:33 AM
My friend just got a new TC, and he is going to a Scion meet on saturday at NOON! UGH!

So he wants to get it did.

But we are really LOW on time...

I figure we can do a wash/clay/LFP (is that the right term) Last Finish Product? LSP (Last Stage Prodcut) I cant remember.

I have AIO and SG at my house but I dont think thats the best idea for time.

So I was thinking NXT Tech Wax? If not any other suggestions? I have to be able to buy it at either Oriley/WalMart/Auto Zone/Or Pep Boys.

The car is white, and has very little marring or swirl yet as it is like less than a week old.

I need tips fast please becuae hes gotta go to the store to get stuff. Thanks!

former86camaro
12-02-2004, 09:46 AM
I would say a good wash and #26, but thin and cover every spot.

imported_pdsterns
12-02-2004, 09:51 AM
It`s new, clay it now, you can probably do the whole car in less than 15 minutes if there are two of you. Then #26 will be okay. Very very thin on the #26 then it will come off easy.

Accumulator
12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
LSP= Last Step Product or Last Step Process. Heh heh, I was thinking "amusing use of expletive" when I saw the "LFP" ;)

I dunno, I`d use something other than #26 myself. It a) doesn`t look the best on white, b) doesn`t last all that long, and c) won`t do any cleaning (most important).

The AIO/SG should work OK even when you`re pressed for time, and the AIO will clean the paint.

IMO the only reason Klasse takes so much time is that most people put it on way too thick. Put it on thin enough (so thin you can`t see it on white paint) and it`ll go quick and easy.

Pondscum
12-02-2004, 10:25 AM
AIO/SG are usually not available locally. If you`re in a hurry, I`d say clay it and go with two coats of NXT. The reason for NXT is it`s most likely available locally, and it`s a one step product that is easy to put on and take off. It looks good, but is short lived. You`ll need to booster it with NXT Spray Wax once or twice per month, or reapply a full coat of NXT every two months or so.

thedarksyde
12-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Well I think this is the short term plan.

I have AIO and SG, but I do not think we have the time to apply it. We will be doing the work by hand.

I think that NXT or 26 can work. I was mostly looking for some blazing reason not to. We can put AIO/SG on it some other time when we don`t only have like 2 hours.

acl99
12-02-2004, 11:33 AM
You can always put the aio on than the SG another time.

xhaust50
12-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Acuracl98

You can always put the aio on than the SG another time.

I agree, and I think AIO will leave the best finish out of all the other products mentioned. Or if it`s just for the weekend, you might just want to put a glaze on it like Mothers or 3M.

raymond_ho2002
12-02-2004, 11:43 AM
At the very least I think you should clay. I find that it makes a difference in appearance on white cars. I would then finish with AIO, and then you could leave it at that for now.

thedarksyde
12-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by xhaust50

I agree, and I think AIO will leave the best finish out of all the other products mentioned. Or if it`s just for the weekend, you might just want to put a glaze on it like Mothers or 3M.

I have 3M IHG, thats a good idea, I didnt even think of using that, I shall I think!

hftw Audi 6
12-02-2004, 12:02 PM
I had the same hting happen but my car wasn`t new so i went with a claying it and the 2 coats of NXT it`s a great wax and for short amount of time and having to buy it at a local storee it`s your best bet! So i agree w/ Pondscum

stilez
12-02-2004, 12:30 PM
AIO/NXT gets my vote on white.

Good Luck!

grt1today
12-02-2004, 12:44 PM
I would use your AIO/SG also. Then finish up with a paste wax from the store. It won`t take that long with 2 of you. Just wipe them both on and off. At the very least just use the AIO and then Finish up with some paste wax from the store. Good luck :xyxthumbs

djaaronp
12-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the input guys. This if for my car and I`m a total no0b when it comes to paint care.

Hopefully I`ll get better with time :)

Eliot Ness
12-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by djaaronp

Thanks for the input guys. This if for my car and I`m a total no0b when it comes to paint care.

:welcome Keep reading and you`ll learn a lot! Click on the "LEARN" icon at the top of the page to get a lot of good info.