PDA

View Full Version : Dad bought a new ride for me to detail!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

91LSMAN
11-07-2004, 01:38 AM
He has wanted one of these for a while, but it was never practical. But today on his 47th B-Day he bought a car he has wanted since he was 17. I have not taken any pics yet, but here is the dealerships pic:

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2004/8/7/168/287/967285889.168287360.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

This evening, since family members are going to see it tomorrow I spent 4 hours with ClayBar, SSR2.5, and EX. I`m tired.

gnev8
11-07-2004, 02:06 AM
Schweeeet!!!

scottabi
11-07-2004, 02:58 AM
anytime you get tired of detailing that, give me a call... :D
Great looking car.

The Chee
11-07-2004, 06:02 AM
very very nice , congrats to your dad ;)

Poorboy
11-07-2004, 09:13 AM
congrats to your dad, :bigups very pretty color ...similar to yours:dunno

if I could get in and out of a car like that, I`d put it on my wish list too:rofl

CharlesW
11-07-2004, 09:28 AM

if I could get in and out of a car like that, I`d put it on my wish list too:roflGonna add my congrats and call Steve on this one. The C5 Corvette is not that hard to get in/out of. They are a little crowded for your size of family, though. :) It would make a great daily driver for you and one other passenger.

Charles

91LSMAN
11-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys-he`s pretty excited. He making any excuse to go into the garage this morning. Every time my mom has garbage or recycling, he wants to take it to the garage one piece at a time. LOL

I`ll add new pics to this thread once I`m able to take some. Gotta get those nasty dealership plate frams replaced with chrome first though. :)

91LSMAN
11-07-2004, 09:37 AM

if I could get in and out of a car like that, I`d put it on my wish list too:rofl

Thanks-the color is similiar being that it`s a dark red, but my Legend is slightly darker. I`m sure they`ll be a photo shoot with my Legend and the Vette down the line. :)

Thanks again everyone!!

CharlesW
11-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys-he`s pretty excited. He making any excuse to go into the garage this morning. Every time my mom has garbage or recycling, he wants to take it to the garage one piece at a time. LOL

I`ll add new pics to this thread once I`m able to take some. Gotta get those nasty dealership plate frams replaced with chrome first though. :)So your Dad is excited, great! It`s good to see that you aren`t at all pumped about the new toy in the house. :D

Charles

Rob Tomlin
11-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Awesome car!

Isn`t SSR2.5 a bit agressive for a brand new car?

:dunno

Poorboy
11-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Gonna add my congrats and call Steve on this one. The C5 Corvette is not that hard to get in/out of. They are a little crowded for your size of family, though. :) It would make a great daily driver for you and one other passenger.

Charles

charles i`d rather climb to get in my vehicles and then i just fall out of them:lmfao

not really...used with a polishing pad, it will smooth and clean the clearcoat, while bringing up more shine:) ...I certainly would not use a cutting pad:nono

91LSMAN
11-07-2004, 11:49 AM
So your Dad is excited, great! It`s good to see that you aren`t at all pumped about the new toy in the house. :D

Charles

:hah Yeah, I`m excited. It`s the first car I`ve gotten to detail with Poorboys stuff and my PC that I had done nothing to in the past. It was FUN!!

Awesome car!

:dunno

It`s not brand new. It`s a 1998. I got so much crap off with the clay-OH MY!! SSR2.5 with a polishing pad is perfect for any ride IMO.

not really...used with a polishing pad, it will smooth and clean the clearcoat, while bringing up more shine:) ...I certainly would not use a cutting pad:nono

I agree, and you would know eh? LOL

I did use it with a polishing pad.

Rob Tomlin
11-07-2004, 12:02 PM
My bad, I thought it was brand new since you talked about "the dealer".

I used SSR2.5 with a cutting pad on my father in laws green metallic Ford Ranger. Even with the cutting pad, I was surprised at how little marring or hazing there was. In fact, I went straight to AIO after the SSR2.5 with excellent results, so I shouldn`t be surprised that you acheived good results with SSR2.5 and a polishing pad.

Frankly, I think SSR2.5 and SSR1 will be my two main polishes, as I don`t really see that much of a need for SSR2....depending on the condition of the paint, I can just use SSR2.5 with either a cutting pad or a polishing pad.

91LSMAN
11-07-2004, 12:22 PM
My bad, I thought it was brand new since you talked about "the dealer".

Maybe I should have said "Used Car Dealer" :) hehehehe

zesty-man
11-07-2004, 01:30 PM
congrats!