PDA

View Full Version : trouble with ordering stuff online

accordmaniac
12-01-2004, 03:37 PM
I was trying to order some stuff from autogeek earlier but after i click the "add to cart" button it adds the product but then when i click continue shopping it takes me back and i add another item but when the shopping cart pops up the previous product isn`t on the list anymore. anyone has this problem? anyone know how to fix it? i also tried classic motoring accessories, premiumautocare.com, and autopia store, they all did the same thing. :nixweiss

imported_The Uncle
12-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I think you probably have some security software on your system (like ZoneAlarms) which is preventing temporary cookies. Either that, or you have your browser configured in some way that is causing problems. In any case, the problem is with the security settings on your system, not those sites.

P.S. Make sure that you look in the "Good deals" forum at this site, and in the vendor forum at detailcity.com for discount codes for autopia, autogeek, et al.

accordmaniac
12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
i thought it may be the new security program that i just installed, thanks now you confirmed it.

White95Max
12-01-2004, 04:16 PM
I had that happen once with my computer too. I just switched to Internet Explorer from Netscape and it worked fine. I haven`t had any problems with Netscape since then though.

subaru250hp
12-01-2004, 06:23 PM
This issue is cause when your browser is not accepting cookies. These shopping carts need to be able to put a cookies on your computer if you want them to remember what is in your shopping cart, especially on ecommerce websites that do not require that you login to an account to make purchases.

Just make sure that your browser can accept cookies from store.yahoo.com and you can order with no problems from all of the above mentioned websites. I do it all the time!