PDA

View Full Version : #3

Pondscum
11-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I got in on the 4* Ultimate Gloss Enhancer giveaway. I really didn`t want to just order the freebe and nothing else so I threw a bottle of #3 into the shopping cart. I didn`t really need it, but I thought I`d give it a try.

I have a few preconceived notions about what this product is, but I`d like to hear other`s opinions of it, good or bad.

1) What is it exactly? Is it a chemical paint polish with a light protectant like AIO? Does it have light abrasives like Sonus PwC? Does it have any protectant/sealers in it? Is it just a paint conditioner which only replenishes moisturizers to the paint? Does it contain any fillers? For a vehicle with a finish in good shape, do you need to use a light polish prior to #3?

2) Does it work well with a PC? If so what pad would you apply it with?

3) Does it significantly improve the finished product?

Accumulator
11-29-2004, 04:54 PM
You`re referring to Meg`s #3 Machine Polish, right? I like Meg`s #3 better than all their other, similar products, except my fave #5. It is one of Meg`s "pure polishes"; these are: #3/#5/#7/#81.

Meg`s #3 is a non-abrasive. It is slightly different from #7 and #81, more different from #5. It works fine by hand if you prefer to do it that way. The #3 is made so it don`t gum up if you use it by machine (including a rotary!). It`ll leave a little protection on the paint and is safe for fresh/uncured paint. Sealing it in with a wax will help it last a lot longer, #3 topped with #16 works well. I dunno if it`ll work under UPP, I`d bet it would keep the UPP from bonding properly. I get better results from #3 on ss than on b/c, but I still like it better than #81, which is made for b/c.

Pondscum
11-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Yes, #3 Machine Polish is what I have. A guy gave me a free sample bottle of Tropicare TC-3 and I was planning on using that afterwards. I`ve never used TC-3, but my understanding is it`s similar to UPP so I`m not sure if it will bond correctly from what you`re saying. I believe TC-3 does have a bit of cleaner to it, so perhaps it will. I`ll just have to give it a shot and see what happens.