PDA

View Full Version : Help with Poorboys kit?

Pages : [1] 2

cheapshot
11-28-2004, 10:44 PM
I am looking to get a Poorboy`s kit as a gift for Christmas. :D I am very excited to try some of there other stuff out, being I really like EXP. I also tested PwC by hand, and Can`t wait to use it with PC.

OK, I am currently using Meguiar`s polish DACP/#80/#9. So these are basically my only choices when trying to remove swirls, and micro marring. I have had some issues as a beginner using these polishes, But after a few hours here and a few there, I ended up with great results! I was learning to use the PC and at the same time trying to understand what the polish was doing. I have a good idea now! I think :o

What should I get in the Poorboy`s Kit?

SSR 2.5

SSR 2

SSR 1

PPP?

EX

Natty`s

BNB?

NL

S&W

SS&S?

I put ?`s next to the products I am not to sure about, If you have used them please let me know what you think. Thanks

I must try the SSR`s EX and Natty`s. HAVE I BECOME ADDICTED?

:o

imported_Burlyq
11-28-2004, 11:10 PM
For polishing I like menzerna, sealing I like Zaino and klasse (sometimes), QD I like to save money and buy clay lube, Finishing wax I like s100 and Nattys. So I`d say Natty`s, it seams to be a better winter wax then s100, maybe a little deeper. No ? by Natty`s but looks like you still havent tried it yet.

Scottwax
11-29-2004, 12:17 AM
I`ve tried SSR1 & 2 and both work very well. PwC is an excellent product as you seem to have found out already. Nattys is a very wet looking paste wax and durability seems decent. I really like EX on dark paint and EX-P on pearls, silver and other light colors. S&W is also very good. I haven`t tried the rest of the stuff on your list.

gearhead
11-29-2004, 01:50 AM
I give a :up to EX, Natty`s, S&W, and BnB. I just got the SSRs, PwC, QD+, and NL but haven`t used them yet.

cheapshot
11-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Burlyq,

No I have not tried Natty`s and I`m a sucker for a good carnuba wax. I also use S100, it`s one of my favorite waxes, and I use it often. I am very curious to see how it compares to S100, from what I hear it`s more wet looking and less reflective then S100. I am not to concerned with durability with carnuba waxes, I use them mostly for looks! When I`m looking for Durability I use sealants, and then maybe top with wax. Some other waxes I`m looking to try are Trade Secret and Souveran.

Scottwax,

I see you use DACP and 80, on most cars, In what situations would you use SSR 2 or SSR 1? Also have you tried 2.5?

gearhead,

Can`t wait to try EX! Although it`s a sealant with carnuba, It`s seems to me (although hard to tell from pics) that it takes on a warm wet carnuba look.

Thanks for the responses, and keep them coming!

01bluecls
11-29-2004, 08:43 PM
I have used SSR2.5 via PC with nothing short of outstanding results. From what i have read on here, SSR2.5 is comparable with DACP but a lot more user friendly. I would PERSONALLY, get SSR2.5 and SSR1 for swirl removal duties, and Im gonna get Natty`s a try once my P21S runs out. I have used Menzerna IP and find SSR2.5 is little more abrasive and easier to use. You cant go wrong with any poorboys products as it seems everyone here loves them!

cheapshot
11-30-2004, 08:57 AM
01bluecls, Yes I have heard that 2.5 and DACP are comparable, that is as far as abrasiveness. I plan on picking up SSR2.5 and SSR1 for swirl removal duties, like you said. but I also plan on picking up SSR2 for the newer cars, I could also use #80 for this which I really like. But just to campare them I have to try it. You really never know until you try! I`m looking to try lots of compounds and polishes, because this is what will make the difference between it looking good, and it looking spectacular!

imported_kgb
11-30-2004, 09:03 AM
It depends on the serverity of your scratches. I would suggest 2.5, 2, and Polish with carnuba. You can go right from 2 to the Polish with Carnuba and skip one all together.

cheapshot
11-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 2001civicex

It depends on the serverity of your scratches. I would suggest 2.5, 2, and Polish with carnuba. You can go right from 2 to the Polish with Carnuba and skip one all together.

This is a nice option if you plan to use PwC.:xyxthumbs

I am assuming SSR1 is a fine abrasive and PwC is more of a cleaner wax correct?

I only tested PwC by hand on a one foot section, it seem to have cleaned and shined up the section, however I didn`t notice any scratch removal. Would it be able to remove fine scratching with PC?

Intercooled
11-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Is PP ans Pwc the same thing? I mean besides one just having carnauba in it.

cheapshot
11-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Good question Intercooled. I would think PP would be a little more abrasive, But I never used PP so I really no no clue. Very interesting, I`m Curious to see what others have to say.

My Guess would be from most aggresive to least: SSR1/PP/PwC (But I`m not sure)

cheapshot
12-02-2004, 06:53 PM
There must be more poorboy users that could chime in and share there experiences!

By the way Scottwax,

Thanks for posting, and suggestions EX/dark colors and EXP/light. I plan to try S&W out also.

Scottwax
12-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by cheapshot

Good question Intercooled. I would think PP would be a little more abrasive, But I never used PP so I really no no clue. Very interesting, I`m Curious to see what others have to say.

My Guess would be from most aggresive to least: SSR1/PP/PwC (But I`m not sure)

I haven`t used PP but even with a polishing pad, PwC doesn`t do much for anything other than very minor defects.

Scott P
12-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Intercooled

Is PP ans Pwc the same thing? I mean besides one just having carnauba in it.

Pro Polish and PwC are two different animals.

Pro Polsh is a pure polish without anyextra things tossed in. It works on paint, metal, plastic and glass. It is thin and a little goes a long way. It`s also a bit tempermental. If you use too much, it will become harder to buff off.

PwC is the one step polish. Besides the carnauba, it has UV protectors and other goodies.

Hope this helps.

TW85 HHI
12-03-2004, 10:58 AM
So in simple words, you use Pro Polish when you want just cleaning abilities and PwC when you want an AIO type product.

Nice to finally know the difference...I was under the impression that PP was just PwC without the carnauba.