PDA

View Full Version : weird stains?

nuwde
11-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey guys,

I tried washing my car a few weeks back (haven`t had much time to post) and I noticed some round stains that couldn`t be washed off. When I run my fingers over them they feel smooth. It`s a lot easier to see in the light than in the dark. I will probably have to get a few pics of them for you to see, but I wanted to throw this out first. Maybe someone else had the same experience. What do I need to do to get rid of them?? Thanks!

Edwin

White95Max
11-28-2004, 08:33 PM
They could be many things. Among the possibilities...bird crap stains, tree sap, acid rain...

I have 3 spots on my hood that will NOT come out no matter what I try to remove them with. They were caused by bird crap on my hood. I went to Yellowstone Nat. park with my family for 2 weeks, and my car was parked outside during that whole time. I don`t know how long the crap was on my hood, but it left some nice stains.

If the stains will come out, you will probably have success by using Klasse AIO.

nuwde
11-28-2004, 08:36 PM
Wow...so the stains could be permanent? I really hope not. It would suck. Thanks for the advice. I`ll try to put pics up when I can and look into getting AIO.

Edwin

Eliot Ness
11-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

.......They were caused by bird crap on my hood. ......

Bird crap can be nasty stuff depending on what they ate and how long it was on your paint.

I did the wife`s car yesterday and got off a couple of bird crap spots using VM (Vanilla Moose) with a polish pad and working it pretty hard up around speed 5 & 6.

I had one on the hood of my street rod that wasn`t there very long at all, but left a mark in the clear (felt very smooth). Wound up using DACP on an orange pad to get that one out.

White95Max
11-28-2004, 08:57 PM
I haven`t tried any real harsh polishes on it, but I will in the spring to see how it goes. I don`t want to do it now because I just finished my thorough winter-prep detail earlier this week. I`d have to redo all those layers and wait for all the curing times.

I`ve tried: Meg`s Cleaner Wax, AIO, GEPC, and clay. none of those worked. Now that I have a PC and some stronger polishes, maybe I`ll give it another shot.