PDA

View Full Version : How are the other FourStar products?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

White95Max
11-28-2004, 05:31 PM
We`ve all heard the raves about UPP, but how are the other 4* products, like the tire gel, wash soap, or the wheel cleaner gel?

I like the idea that the products are environmentally safe, because I live very close to the river, and I have concern for the environment. If the products work well, I might start buying a lot more of the FourStar product line.

slov98
11-28-2004, 06:09 PM
the wash is excellent, good lubricity and smells good.

if you want to try their instant detailer,

http://www.premiumautocare.com/

they are offering it for free but you pay shipping, they have offered UPP,the wash and wheel cleaner before also.

mtodde
11-28-2004, 06:11 PM
The Leather Cleaner & Leather Conditioner are top notch and are my preferred leather products presently. The Ultimate Gloss Enhancer is also very good and works well with UPP.

The wheel cleaner works well...it does require some agitation but most do. It is second on my list...the Poorboy`s Spray & Rinse is my current favorite.

White95Max
11-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Did you clean the front of the wheels or the backside? I want something that is strong enough to clean all the caked-on brake dust from the backside of wheels.

vdog0531
11-28-2004, 06:16 PM
i really like the wheel cleaner and the tire gel works great for me because i take it and dillute it 1/3 tire gel and 2/3 armor all and apply it with a foam tire applicator. long lasting and not too shiny.

Vernon

White95Max
11-28-2004, 06:21 PM
So you`re saying that the gel used full-strength is too glossy for you?

Does the shine last through a rainstorm?

MattZ28
11-28-2004, 06:24 PM
I own UPP, the Ultimate Gloss Enhancer spray, Ultimate Auto Wash, and the wheel cleaner. All are very easy to use, and get me some nice results :)

Jngrbrdman
11-28-2004, 07:12 PM
I`m a huge fan of the Gloss Enhancer and their Leather products. The conditioner is great. Smells just like leather. mmmmm... The Gloss Enhancer is really nice too. Kind of adds a sparkle to the car that I don`t seem to get with other QDs.

If you think the Four Star Ultimate products are good, then you should try some of the Professional products too. The Spray Wax is an awesome clay lube. I love the rubber and vinyl protectant too. I recently got a big order of Four Star products so I could try more of them. I`m looking forward to it. I`ve never been disappointed by a Four Star product. :bigups

White95Max
11-28-2004, 07:18 PM
I`m thinking about ordering the Tire Gel, Wheel Cleaner, and more UPP for myself for Christmas. I`d get the Leather Conditioner too but I already have some 1Z Lederpfledge and I don`t use it very often, so I really don`t need more leather products.

Where can I find the professional product line?

MattZ28
11-28-2004, 07:23 PM
http://www.premiumautocare.com/fostprse.html

;)

Jngrbrdman
11-28-2004, 07:24 PM
You can get both the Ultimate products and Professional line on PremiumAutoCare. (http://www.premiumautocare.com/fostpr.html) I don`t know of many sites that carry the professional line.

imported_Burlyq
11-28-2004, 09:16 PM
YOU GUYS WHERE MISTAKEN THIS STUFF IS POISONOUS. I got my bottle right here: Says right on the FOUR STAR wheel cleener gel Fatal if swallowed, get emergency help immediately, and keep out of reach of children. Where ever you guys heard it wasn`t bad for you, you should tell them to correct it.

Jngrbrdman
11-28-2004, 09:23 PM
If UPP has silicones in it, then I haven`t seen any adverse effects because of it. I`ve been using it for 3 years now and have never had a problem on my car or any other car.

Gloss Enhancer is something I buy by the gallon. Its great stuff. I use it on the wheels after I wash them to clean off any waterspots. I keep a bottle in my car to clean off bird bombs with. I can`t really speak to the protection factor since I always have something on the car that will last longer than any QD anyway. I use it to "enhance gloss" and not to substitute a wax or sealant.

imported_Burlyq
11-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Cool. I think gloss enhancer smells better than clay lube but clay lube still smells good in my opinion. It doesn`t taste as good over ice cream as 4 star but it`s only 2 bucks per bottle and leaves the same shine. Clay lube is a great all purpose detailer spray.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/clma49shcllu.html

vdog0531
11-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

So you`re saying that the gel used full-strength is too glossy for you?

Does the shine last through a rainstorm?

the full strength isn`t "too" shiny but like all tire gels, it takes a long time to put it on "right". when i dillute and mix with armor all, it is a breeze to put on with a applicator and it just works better for me. it has been on my tires for three weeks now and still looks great. multiple nights of below freezing with snow and rain.

Vernon