PDA

View Full Version : Before & after pics of Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel

Pages : [1] 2

SilverLexus
11-28-2004, 04:46 PM
I tried this stuff today and I really like though as you will see I used to much and got some real gloss!

The smell is great and it has the consistency of a Megs Endurance. I like the way the gel gripped the tire walls and the overall look. Packaging is good and it`s easily applied with an Eagle One Tire Swipe.

Before...

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/15597before-med.jpg

After...

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/15597after-med.jpg

Summary: Highly recommended!

Durability: I will see how it holds up to our Atlanta rainstorms and post a reply soon.

SilverLexus
11-28-2004, 04:47 PM
One more thing: I tried Klasse AIO today on the wheels and it looks terrific. I did that after the photos.

Pats300zx
11-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Wow...very nice....:up

Can`t wait to see how it holds up..

imported_DetailGirl
11-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Looks good. I would like to try it because my poorboys bold and bright looks great for about 2 days then its virtually gone.

scottabir
11-28-2004, 04:52 PM
MAcgirl if it rains where you are at it doesnt hold up real well.

It is however my favorite tire dressing.

The shine really seems to be tamed after a day or so leaving a very satiny black finish, that lasts a couple weeks depending on the weather.

Raven
11-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Great job SilverLexus, I tried it once before and didn`t get any where near the reulsts you got. I guess I need to give it another try. Did you do anything other then wiping it on with an Eagle Tire Wipe?

SilverLexus
11-28-2004, 05:35 PM
I have also had issues with BNB in terms of durability which is why I normally use Zaino Z-16. I like to get 1-2 weeks use if possible.

It will be interesting to see how the Onyx holds up after our next storm.

Raven,

Just used the swipe. I may buff it down a bit next time.

mtodde
11-28-2004, 05:47 PM
It looks good Lee. I like BNB but have also had durability issues.

Can I get a sample?

SilverLexus
11-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Sure, I will trade you for a sample of the Wolfgang Auto Bathe. :)

Carl Anderson
11-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Lee.

The Klasse AIO on the wheels is one of my favorites. It makes them so shiny and easy to clean.

Pondscum
11-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by scottabir

MAcgirl if it rains where you are at it doesnt hold up real well.

It is however my favorite tire dressing.

The shine really seems to be tamed after a day or so leaving a very satiny black finish, that lasts a couple weeks depending on the weather.

I have yet to find a glossy tire product that stays glossy very long. Applying a second coat the next day seems to help as does making sure the tire is very clean first, but most glossy products seem to me to have more problems with sling. The Eagle one applicators definitely help in that respect. I`ve given them up in favor of the milky white 303 type products that dry to a satin finish. They seem to have less problems with sling and last longer.

JasonD
11-28-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

One more thing: I tried Klasse AIO today on the wheels and it looks terrific. I did that after the photos.

Agreed, AIO on wheels is awesome. Don`t forget to seal them with SG! :xyxthumbs

cheapshot
11-28-2004, 10:04 PM
I also think AIO is great on wheels! over a month now and they are still easy to clean. I plan on adding another AIO/SG before winter.:xyxthumbs

stilez
11-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Looks great!

Please keep us posted as we are all looking for a longer lasting tire dressing :)

TW85 HHI
12-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Lee,

So what are your thoughts on Black Onyx? I ordered some tonight along with a Souveran kit and am anxious to try it.